Fleet Air Arm Bearcat

wunwinglow

OK, I'm in, having bought two Bearcats just for the engines, I have enough bits and bobs about to hack at least one of these kits together, and hopefully rekindle my acquaintance with my airbrush, before I go and mess up the Swordfish!!

My idea is to use a Sea Fury prop, enlarge the rudder and wing tips a bit, put Brit Triplex 300lb rockets and cannon fairings, maybe replace the wheels and tyres if I can enlarge the wheel bays a bit, and finish it as a Korean period strike fighter. 

Tim

Looking at these Trump Beatcats, the reviews are right, it is a pretty good kit!

Anyway, after reading Eric Browns report on the plane, I think I might do a bit more, especially having two kits to play with. Range was a problem, as was the flying stability, so I want to lengthen the fuselage a bit, an maybe increase the span some as well. Bigger main tank, more stable gun platform, and room for Recce camera a la FR47. Bigger rudder too. I will do some marking out over lunch break....

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Don't feel like you have exclusive rights on that.  I get reminded of measure 2 cut 1 on TV watching commercials for Home Depot

And I still F%&-UP 

So what's the plan here on the surgically altered  B-cat

Inquiring minds  are nosey

jack

Jack,

Well, just finishing it would be nice!!  My life is a bit of a whirlwind right now, so no thoughts beyond that really.

Overall, my list of mods at present is stretched fuselage, big spinner over prop, bigger rudder possibly with stinger hook like a Seafire. Stretch the wings with a root plug and new shaped tips. Open up wheel wheels and fit Fury wheels and tyres. Recce camera behind cockpit, 4 Triplex rockets under wings, maybe Seafire drop tank. Possibly a RATO set, and cannon fairings. Sky/Grey colour scheme, maybe with black white anti blue on blue markings. Imagine a Seafang crossed with a Sea Fury. Thats what i am aiming at.

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow