RAF interior colors

imatt88

Why not just get one of the many model paints specifically matched to the real thing, instead of trying to kluge something that's not?  If you're going to spend as much money, time, and effort as a 1/32 Mosquito demands, why not get it right?

My guess is because not everybody is as serious about it as you are. :P

Hey Ian.  Here are my picks for RAF Interior Green.

TAM XF-71.  This color was called out on the TAM 1:32 Mossie so I used it in lieu of mixing per the TAM 1:48 Mossie instructions.

Mossie_Various.jpg

Then, I discovered Mr. Paint RAF Interior Green.  Used on my SH Tempest Mk.V build.

MRP - 111

SH_Tempest_Pit.02.jpg

Certainly a difference in hue.  I'm sold on the MRP rendering seems to be closest to reference images I have.

Albeit, I've never used Gunze 334 for RAF Interior.  Hope this is helpful

Edited by Rick K

Used for interiors and wheel bay's I would assume?

Looks like that question got lost in the discussion. So...

As a general rule of thumb, all RAF WWII airplanes were:

RAF Interior Green in the cockpit and all other occupied areas.

Aluminum Lacquer (dope, paint, whatever) everywhere else inside, including the wheel wells and weapons bays.

Almost every paint manufacturer makes a fairly close "RAF Interior Green". Although, as has already been mentioned, that Humbrol 78 'Cockpit Green' is not even close (nor is it labeled as RAF Interior Green). 

Aluminum Lacquer can be replicated with any dull silver that trips your trigger. 

There were exceptions, and there were occasionally parts/pieces not painted accordingly. Still, that general rule will get you by almost very time. As always, look at photos of the real thing before putting paint to plastic. 

HTH,

D