Trumpeter 1/32 P-47D

Zero77

Hi Nic! Great build - love the finish and the weathering! One word if I may... I don't know if I would leave those builds to sit for too long on the glass shelf... glass has an entirely different coefficient of friction compared to other materials and can sometimes cause the gear legs to splay over time because of the lack of adhesion between the plastic and the glass... I wouldn't want to see any damage occur to your masterpieces!

Cheers

Alan

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Nic! Great build - love the finish and the weathering! One word if I may... I don't know if I would leave those builds to sit for too long on the glass shelf... glass has an entirely different coefficient of friction compared to other materials and can sometimes cause the gear legs to splay over time because of the lack of adhesion between the plastic and the glass... I wouldn't want to see any damage occur to your masterpieces!

Cheers

Alan

Yes you're true.... Glass is a nasty support, and offer no chance of the gear legs to stick on the surface. That's a risk. The problem is especially for aircraft with angled gear legs. I should think about a solution to correct this (maybe a thin coat of rubber under the wheels?).

Otherwise, i have a Mig-19 with a very britle landing gear, and it is on glass for at least 2 or 3 years and it has not moved. But the legs are 90° so there is almost no effort.