Finally finished my FW-190 Sturmjager!

Fantastic! Great work.

Sorry to hear about the Montex stuff...any other warnings before I use them on my next Fw? Would "goo gone" do the trick for the left over resedue?

Smithery:

All straight hooded 190s had a tensioner for the antenna wire in the canopy spine...tight all the time :rolleyes: The blown hoods on late As, Fs and D-9s went slack.

But one thing that is a bit out of place is the paint chipping on the center of the gun covers in this pic:

post-4-1117481160.jpg

That gun cover is hinged slightly above the wing root and does not break at the seam there. One of those nit pics...but for the 190 nuts they will see it.

Your 190 is worlds better than mine, but look at the treatment of the gun cover here:

P1010312.jpg

This is offered only as constructive and a tip for "next time" and in no way dilutes how impressed I am with you build, especially your weathering...it's very present but not over done, and very realistic.

Steve...awesome :rolleyes:

or if you follow "Fat Pizza"....fully sik Habib!

Sheesh...do ALL you guys build such kits? Makes mere mortals get neck injuries from looking up.

For glue residue removal have you ever tried Orange solvent ( Dental product)...great for removing sticky things and smells trick as well. Sometimes its a component of that Citric Pumice hand cleaner you can get from Autobahn or also in one of the "Big Kev" products. Anyway..your cockpit canopy looked great to me.

Great to see mate

PS I'm off to buy silver pen!!!

Thanks again! Getting all warm and fuzzy here! :rolleyes:

LSP Chris, I know exactly what you mean. This has been pointed out before but I decided that I just had to live with it, at least for now. The hatches was putted smooth but the entire wing joints broke up when the sucker was dropped. :angry: I redid the putty work but after the RLM's where on I noticed that joints could still be seen. At that point I was so fed up with the model that I decided to leave it and hope nobody would notice! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I will definatly pay more attention on these parts when I build my Dora.

CQBDent, I finally was able to remove the residue with rubbing alcohol. Sadly it removed most of the paint too so all the masking work had to done all over again.

Steve.

Smithery:

All straight hooded 190s had a tensioner for the antenna wire in the canopy spine...tight all the time :rolleyes: The blown hoods on late As, Fs and D-9s went slack.

Thanks Chris,

I'm a 190 noob (building my first right now), so my question was based solely on looking at other buildups....most of them blown canopies apparently.

Thanks again all!

Ray, cool! I can't wait to see it! I'm going to have to spend my summer on a lot of comission work but when those jobs are done I also plan to do another JG/4 A8. This time I will go for "black 10", looks awesome with it's blown canopy. :)

Steve.