WnW Pfalz D.IIIa Finished.

ericg

I started painting this beast with the intentions of following the paint call outs as per WnW.

I found their concontion of Silvergrey too silver so here is my own. 2:1 mix of Tamiya sky grey:Gunze Sangyo Silver, followed by a mist coat of Alclad Dark aluminium. I have then polished this with a soft cloth. It is a little hard to pick it in these pics, I am confident that once I clear coat this, it will give the right sheen. I still have a few pesky inspection covers/panels to paint the green colour.The bottom wings are primed Tamiya fine surface primer,so there is very little contrast between them and the fuselage.

IMAG1032.jpg

This part looks cool!

IMAG1029.jpg

Here is the top wing. I have masked the ribs and shaded with clear smoke. Alclad radiator.

IMAG1033.jpg

I started wiring up the engine with fine solder. Barracuda inlet manifold to come!

IMAG1035.jpg

IMAG1036.jpg

Edited by ericg

Guest Peterpools

Eric

Your mix for the tail looks real good and just love the way the Mercedes is looking. I'm pretty sure the Albatros uses the same engine and I have the Barracuda manifold - really nice.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

Hi Steve,

Yes, there is plenty of weathering to come.

I got into the Lozenge fabric, a new experience for me. Here is the process that I have used. Even though the instructions recommend against using decal setter,I still used the trusty set/sol combo. Decals responded well, but for F*#%s sake dont touch them whislt they are crinkly. I am still to apply the bottom side rib tape.

IMAG1045.jpg

IMAG1046.jpg

IMAG1049.jpg

IMAG1056.jpg

Topside:

IMAG1051.jpg

IMAG1050.jpg

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1055.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

Terrific work on the decals Eric. Seeing them wrinkle up like that always makes me anxious! I've certainly had plenty of occasions where they don't return to normal like they're supposed to, but it looks like they've smoothed out beautifully for you. Looking good!

Kev