Looks awesome Paul. Keen to see it come together - that Aires IP looks amazing, I'm going to tackle one on a RAAF hornet once I'm done with my tomcat diorama.

Jim

Jim, thanks for following along :)  I thought it looked a bit scarey under macro but as you know, paint and realistic focal length and it all comes together. We hope!

Looking forward to seeing your Hornet! They are all fun kits. I've built the Legacy Hornet ( Academy both the C and D) and I have started but put on hold a Super Hornet ( Trumpeter ) because I got bit by a Harrier bug instead  :)  I'm having fun with it so far.

Paul

Nice project Paul,  looking good

Thank you Ron, It's good to be back at the bench building something new. I'm just randomly fixing things as I go along and when it gets tedious on one part I paint something aftermarket , today was the ejection seat.

More pics soon. 

Thanks for following along,

Paul 

Great job, Paul! Reminds me that I need to get back to my Harrier and to draw some proper main wheels for it... Looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

Thanks Ben, somebody needs to draw some that's for sure! I can only hope it's somebody with your talent and I can talk you out of a set if you have them produced.

More soon,

Paul 

Guest Clunkmeister

Paul, seriously, my friend, I think you're going to give us all a clinic here on how to deal with a supposedly 'substandard' kit.

If you do this right, you might do it to me again,.. Make me build a blowtorch. You're well aware that CF-18B has been whispering my name.

It's whispering louder now.....

Paul, seriously, my friend, I think you're going to give us all a clinic here on how to deal with a supposedly 'substandard' kit.

If you do this right, you might do it to me again,.. Make me build a blowtorch. You're well aware that CF-18B has been whispering my name.

Ern, I appreciate the compliment but I dont know about a clinic. The kit has flaws that anybody reading this build log should be well aware of  already so I'm not going to rehash it nor do I encourage anybody else to. :) 

I am simply going to hopefully improve on a pretty damn nice kit. I have seen these built out of the box, and unless you know what you're looking for flaw wise it just looks like a Harrier, as it should. I worked on the ejection seat earlier today. I still have more detailing, seat belts and leg lanyards to add. I also shot all the resin in primer this evening so some color coats shouldn't be to far off.

Thanks for checkin in,

Skeeter

When I get around to doing mine, it's gonna look like the pic of the Italian jet at Deci that Martin posted- Love the Italian ones..so cool.

Really nice start Paul and looking forward to more-

Cheers

{Pete

Pete,

Thanks for popping in :)  It's a great starting point for a Harrier for sure, that's going to help a lot I hope when it comes time to re-scribe or add details, body wings tail etc. are almost all correctly shaped.

I dry fit all the major external parts last night with tape and I am relieved to find the model actually has lots of support built in and the main joints are all well enough engineered to take some "handling". 

It's weird to think that the Harrier will be gone soon, VMA-311 started transitioning to the F-35 mid May of this year. Here is a pic from the squadron's last training flight to Boeing field. 3 days later they began the transition process.

Hope to show more soon,

Paul 

post-3619-0-63447400-1466017335_thumb.jpg

C'mon, Ernie, it can't be whispering any louder than a double Orenda blow-torch :whistle:

Hubert

Ern, I appreciate the compliment but I dont know about a clinic. The kit has flaws that anybody reading this build log should be well aware of  already so I'm not going to rehash it nor do I encourage anybody else to. :)

I am simply going to hopefully improve on a pretty damn nice kit. I have seen these built out of the box, and unless you know what you're looking for flaw wise it just looks like a Harrier, as it should. I worked on the ejection seat earlier today. I still have more detailing, seat belts and leg lanyards to add. I also shot all the resin in primer this evening so some color coats shouldn't be to far off.

Thanks for checkin in,

Skeeter

That's my opinion too Paul. I'm building the Night Attack at the moment. I had a fight with the cockpit. But not as much as I was expecting. I've not corrected the wings or any of the other flaws. The only issue I have now is the fuel tanks look a little skinny for the variant I'm building. They appear correct for the UK ones though. 

dont know how i missed this build. i have the kit in my stash and want to do a DS version (AV 8b of VMA 542). looking forward to your wing fix....

Karl,

The wing fix should be one of the easier things to do on this kit, it's not as hard as it looks ( I think ), just takes some re- working. 

I'm trying to get things to a point where it's worth taking more pics to show my progress soon. Thanks for checking in on my build.

Paul 

That's my opinion too Paul. I'm building the Night Attack at the moment. I had a fight with the cockpit. But not as much as I was expecting. I've not corrected the wings or any of the other flaws. The only issue I have now is the fuel tanks look a little skinny for the variant I'm building. They appear correct for the UK ones though. 

The fuel tanks are mis-shaped for all US versions, not sure about the RAF/RN versions. I've been watching your progress too, keep at it! It's looking great!

Paul  

The fuel tanks are mis-shaped for all US versions, not sure about the RAF/RN versions. I've been watching your progress too, keep at it! It's looking great!

Paul

I think I'm going to just have sidewinders and leave it there as far as weapons are concerned.