Civilian themed diorama

JRutman

I've been an adult modeler since the 70's and in all that time I've never, ever seen anyone modify a chicken from nest sitting to standing and walking before. The results are beyond description. and then turning a frown into a smile sounds easy, but I'm quite sure it takes mega talent, and you sir have that talent in "Spades"  :yahoo:  :thumbsup: 

Joel

I've been an adult modeler since the 70's and in all that time I've never, ever seen anyone modify a chicken from nest sitting to standing and walking before. The results are beyond description. and then turning a frown into a smile sounds easy, but I'm quite sure it takes mega talent, and you sir have that talent in "Spades"  :yahoo:  :thumbsup:

Joel

Thanks joel for the very generous praise !  I appreciate it. I have to say that after scratchbuilding the nose for my resin kit of the Hs129,modifying those chickens was not much of a challenge ! The Henschel very nearly defeated me.

J

small update here. Finished the lady of the house.

IMG_1583_zpsj0rrdzrz.jpg

Got going on the last fig for the scene. The old cuss. Retired soldier on half pay.  reminds me of somebody. Hmmmm.

He started out as a civilian from the eastern front from the MB set.

IMG_1574_zpsijdf8uwh.jpg

I removed what was not needed and added putty. Replaced the noggin with a Hornet one.

IMG_1582_zpsq0vebi3g.jpg

Another app of putty.

IMG_1585_zpstkbv9x34.jpg

So you see where this one is going. Thanks for looking guys,

J