2017 IPMS Nationals: Whose going, want to meet up, and got any tips?

CANicoll

Are we doing our own trip to the SAC museum or is everyone going on Thursday night?

If your thinking of going to Offutt AFB, you will need an I'd card to get on the base.

Mike

Guest Smitty44

I still need to grab tickets to the Night at the Museum...........

So do you think that is how we should do the museum visit? It is 35 bucks as opposed to 45 if you don't go on the bus. I will need to grab a ticket for the affair also.

Guest Smitty44

Who's all going to have a bigger vehicle for taking people? Has anyone figured that out for sure?

In all honesty I am flying and have no right to volunteer anyone for anything. The comments I make are just based on what we had discussed a while back, and I do remember several vehicles being made available.

In all honesty I am flying and have no right to volunteer anyone for anything. The comments I make are just based on what we had discussed a while back, and I do remember several vehicles being made available.

I think $35 is fine, as it seems we will have enough vehicle room it appears?

Well honestly since I have the whole week off John and Ill be picking you up from the AP anyway, you and I can ride in my Jeep, and still have room for at least 2, maybe 3 others if anyone else wants to tag along?  

Not the room Herr Clunk has, and I cant guarantee I wont have the top and/or doors off though!   :lol:

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Smitty44

Well honestly since I have the whole week off John and Ill be picking you up from the AP anyway, you and I can ride in my Jeep, and still have room for at least 3 others if anyone else wants to tag along?  

Yup , hauling a couple tall Sierra Nevada Pale Ales just for you!!

Guest Smitty44

Hmmmm.

If asked nicely, I might be persuaded to bring some local liquid delights. Harv apparently loves my good stuff.

We have to make sure that kinda stuff takes place after the contest room is closed for the night...that could spell trouble!

And do we actually have a final head count of LSP members and spouses that will be attending?

We do probably need to figure that out.........................

If not at a bare minimum to get reservations for Brother Sebastians.    Is my last head cout accurate as far as LSPer and their possible +1s?

Guest Smitty44

Dana? Tough he might be real busy! Any other vendors from our LSP world gonna be there too?

Edited by Smitty44

I know ZM is going to be there (I hope). Bev and I still don't have plans set in stone. We do have room for two in our car if needed. How many are going to the museum night/dinner ? what are the contest plans ? Don't think we will be going to the awards dinner.......Harv

So you counted 9, Brian, including you and your brother?  What about your GF?  That'd make 10.  I haven't heard of anyone else yet.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised there wouldn't be more. Omaha is so convenient, being smack in the middle of the Nation and not all that far from Canada, either.

Has anyone heard any rumors of any Canadian members showing up? Wolf perhaps? Or the Ex Soviet Spy? I really hope we see some of them, although if they show up, they'll clean up on awards night and have to pay for an extra checked bag to haul all their hardware back with them.

So here is my last count (The GF doesnt fancy big crowds much)

- Myself + my brother Steve

- Smitty

- Phantom + better 1/2

- Harv + better 1/2

- Herr Clunk + better 1/2

9 total so far. 

Not all have to come to dinner, as I realize this is a big event and there might be some that are at the NATs, but cant have dinner with us.  No worries! We will have time to mix and mingle at the show and vendors rooms too.

The La Vista conf center where this is being held is quite large, and they usually have plenty of individual rooms for vendors too. Great selection of vendors back in 2011!

IIRC, the 2011 NATs was where I picked up my first Tamiya Mustang...........................I DID trade that one off for the Silhouette cutter I have now.............. :hmmm:

Edited by Out2gtcha