Mig-19 - supersonic dogfighter in orange dress

dutik

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Another area that needs some care and love are the wheel wells. The front bay is ok with the most stuff inside, but the main wheel bays are just empty large holes. At least there is a nice ribbing at the bottom. Eduard PE adds some paneels around, a cross bar and some small parts. I started making the plumbing and added the gear lock (the part with the brass spring) and its push sensor at the crossbar. Still lacking the 3 lines running running along the right side from the fuselage to the base of the landing gear leg:

mig-190020ikuxe.jpg

There are some more lines, but these are connected with the landing gear and the bay covers mechanisms, so they will be added when the landing gear is in place.

Regards

- dutik

please dear god of the plastic kits , make that trumpeter sells the mig 19 again ! i have been looking for this one since i started making models .

serious mode on : your mig is steadily advancing toward the RFI . keep em coming !

Added the last lines:

mig-190022wnufz.jpg

One ready, one more to go...

Forgot to show the progress on the fuselage. Added the fin, closed gaps and steps with strip styrene and putty and sanded all flush. General fit is good, alignment of parts is straight, but you face gaps along every seam. Easy to fill and smooth out, but it takes some time:

mig-190021a6ue3.jpg

The white "rubble" in front are more T-connections and drilled out hexnuts to build up the hydraulic lines inside the wheel well.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

While working around the fuselage restoring paneel lines and bolt heads from putty and sanding a mishap occured: one of the inserted paneels snapped off and fell into the wing. Was able to recover it. Fiddled some strip styrene into the opening to reglie the part. Well, that is the result of the one-kit-fits all approach by Trumpeter: you have the whole thing broken into a lot of small subassemblies and a myriad of interchangeable parts to be fitted one by one...

mig-1900230yacg.jpg

Regards

- dutik

Recieved some jars of paint (Greys and the Orange for the ID paneels), lead wire (the UC bays take a lot of this) and Eduards new Brassin Bravo Sindewinders to arm the outer pylons:

mig-190024ibsjv.jpg

Sidewinders look very nice in the box. Cast straight with tail fins on, somne sets of front fins and the choice of clear seekerheads or protective covers. Decals are there too. Good job, Eduard!

The CMK Quick&Easy bang seats are Martin Baker Mk.10. If you want to build a Pakistan or Bangladesh F-6 grab a set.

Showing them just for your information. I've bought them to build a F-7NG (Trumpeters F-7MG kit) of Nigerian Ari Force.

Still adding air scoops and filling seams all around. Not a lot to show there.

Regards

- dutik

Trumpeter provides a set of outer wing pylons too. They call this add-on set: "Mig-21MF". You get a nice collection of Atoll missles, bombs and UB rocket pods, drop tanks and a lot of pylons and launch rails. There is also a bonus in the box: a whole Mig-21 kit...

Well, used two surplus wing pylons from the Mig-21 kit to add them to the F-6 wings. Much better than making my own one and with surface details right out of the box. I cut off a bit of the pylons outer face to have the missle rails horizontal aligned to the fuselage:

mig-190025ejuqk.jpg

Still wiring the second UC bay.

Regards

- dutik

Guest Peterpools

dutik

Nice work on the pylons .. wouldn't it be grand if everything came in the box.

Keep 'em coming

Peter