Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Tony

For me the Golden Years of aviation between the wars is the most colorful and my favorite. Glad you will be along for the journey.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Martin

Thanks and much appreciated. Just can have enough photos, especially when the build is going to be OOB/Box Stock and painting what ever details come with the kit are so necessary to highlight those very details as nothing can be added.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Maru

Thank you for all the photos and video; especially the  painting/color details. The last set; Midway SBD-1 offers the after Pearl Habor interior colors of Interior Green and the later IP. Some great stuff

Much appreciated

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Harv

Just pull up a very comfortable lazy chair ( favored by us mature, older men) and glad to have you along for the ride. of course, I'm cutting you a huge break and there will be no fare charges for the journey.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Gaz

Feels great to be back and the journey has begum. Just love the pre-war schemes and hopefully in a few days, I'll have enough work done on the front office for a real update

Peter

Guest Peterpools

HI Wolf

I sure owe you a HUGE CUP OF JOE!

Yep, I knew as soon as I broke the box open that all all the raised rivets that should be there weren't and what rivets there are, are flush -  thousands of dimples. with the SBD being headed for the 2018 Noreastcon and will be entered in the Aircraft Box Stock category, the rules prohibit adding any AM at all. I decided on the Box Stock category for a few reasons: the build time wouldn't drag on for month after month and I could concentrate on the building fundamentals and painting. The two other reasons I went OOB was that I already had the ancient Trumpeter kit and that the AM I needed just can't be found any more: Eduard BIG Ed set Master's resin wheels. So might as well bite the bullet and see how the Old Gal will do on her own.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Martin

here are loads of flush rivets which really don't help much. And I have a complete set of Rosie the River Riveters but I'm pretty sure adding rivets and panel lines isn't allowed either. Sometime it's like building a model in the dark with your eyes closed

Peter

HI Wolf

I sure owe you a HUGE CUP OF JOE!

Yep, I knew as soon as I broke the box open that all all the raised rivets that should be there weren't and what rivets there are, are flush -  thousands of dimples. with the SBD being headed for the 2018 Noreastcon and will be entered in the Aircraft Box Stock category, the rules prohibit adding any AM at all. I decided on the Box Stock category for a few reasons: the build time wouldn't drag on for month after month and I could concentrate on the building fundamentals and painting. The two other reasons I went OOB was that I already had the ancient Trumpeter kit and that the AM I needed just can't be found any more: Eduard BIG Ed set Master's resin wheels. So might as well bite the bullet and see how the Old Gal will do on her own.

Peter

Sorry Peter, my bad! I should have read your introduction more carefully. No aftermarket.......so no Archer raised rivets! I've upped my meds, I'm better now.......

Cheers,

Wolf