Finished!! 1/32 Trumpeter P-47N Thunderbolt "Chautauqua&#

Tolga ULGUR

Aaahh. "Wish you were here" before Vincent. :doh:

Well, I see what you mean, yes you are right .Front alignment of the windscreen is 2 or 3 mm behind on the fuselage 

If I moved the windscreen to forward, fitting of the rear part canopy will have problem.

It needs to use windscreen and canopy parts separately. And in this option, the gap between the windscreen and opened sliding canopy will be increased.

So my options are:

1- Finding a separate Hasegawa windscreen, and re worked the overlap area of the windscreen, at least 1 or 1,5 mm forward. Thus error portion will be reduced.

2- To continue as it is by using the drug of "it is just 2 mm behind not too much"

3- And stopping the project

Waiting for your suggestions. :hmmm:

Hard to tell

I would personnally correct the Trumpeter windshield then vacform a new one over the modified part...

On a side note, contrary to what many people suggested in the past years, i would rather go with a Trumpeter kit than with the Hasegawa one...

;)

Vincent

Hard to tell

I would personnally correct the Trumpeter windshield then vacform a new one over the modified part...

On a side note, contrary to what many people suggested in the past years, i would rather go with a Trumpeter kit than with the Hasegawa one...

;)

Vincent

If I am not wrong, all the vacuform canopies in 1/32 scale are made for Hasegawa kit, and also I do not like to work with vacuform canopies, I think it's not my way

So I will try to move 1 or 2 mm forward actual Hasegawa windshield. It needs some work of course. 

Thanks for the advice..

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress.

Before installation of the cockpit into the fuselage, I decided to do some works to shift windscreen forward. It seems that windscreen is 2 or 3 mm backwards.

As a result of these works on windshield fitting area, it was shifted forward by 1.5 or 2 mm.

Although the current position is not entirely correct ( still 1 mm backward) I think I can live and continue with this

44.JPG

45.JPG

46.JPG

Tolga , nice work as usually . Just one note, before you put the seat in, The seatbelt supposed to go over the bar behind the seat, otherwise they would slip in  on the floor. Please check the picture below.

Cheers

Martin

p47-allan-cockpit.jpg

Tolga , nice work as usually . Just one note, before you put the seat in, The seatbelt supposed to go over the bar behind the seat, otherwise they would slip in  on the floor. Please check the picture below.

Cheers

Martin

p47-allan-cockpit.jpg

Thanks for the warning Martin

Seatbelts already glued to the back of the seat. I will try to fix the seatbelts without damaging them

If I can not, noted for the next projects

• 1 month later...

[...]

So my options are:

1- Finding a separate Hasegawa windscreen, and re worked the overlap area of the windscreen, at least 1 or 1,5 mm forward. Thus error portion will be reduced.

2- To continue as it is by using the drug of "it is just 2 mm behind not too much"

3- And stopping the project

Waiting for your suggestions. :hmmm:

Vote for option #2!

Best regards

Hubert