Finished!! 1/32 Trumpeter P-47N Thunderbolt "Chautauqua&#

Tolga ULGUR

Nice save, just can't understand why a reputable manufacturer can get something as a canopy so wrong........

Thanks

As a matter of the fact, this is not a surprise for me ( regarding company s previous releases in the history)

I would like to know what was their benchmark or sample for molding the canopy and windscreen. ( Was it really a P-47 ?)

On the other hand, cockpit floor is also wrong.

It should not be corrugated. It needs to replace with the flat one.

So I decided to use Hasegawa cockpit parts from my previous P-47 project . It will be modified with Eduard set.

Thanks

As a matter of the fact, this is not a surprise for me ( regarding company s previous releases in the history)

I would like to know what was their benchmark or sample for molding the canopy and windscreen. ( Was it really a P-47 ?)

So I decided to use Hasegawa cockpit parts from my previous P-47 project . It will be modified with Eduard set.

Non-compliance with the actual subject is not a defect of the kits produced by Trumpeter. It is their integral feature, which can be fancy or not, but unfortunately you have to live with it and deal with it. On the other hand, such things are also a part of this hobby, a challenge. 

On the other hand, HB, Trumpeter and other Chinese companies are so productive, that I'm able to forgive them such a slightly disrespectful approach to compliance with the original.

However, it may also be a matter of a wrong set of plans used in the design stage or relying on the restored or rebuilt museum subjects or even replicas (I think we all remember the Tamiya's 1:48th scale Fw-190 D with its A series wing and wheel wells). 

The test fitting looks perfect, great job!

Best regards

Hubert

Edited by Kendzior

Thanks

What did you do to fill in the gap to make the windscreen flush? I will be facing the same issue (with the same Hasegawa replacement part) when I finally re-start my P-47N build.

Cheers

Collin

Non-compliance with the actual subject is not a defect of the kits produced by Trumpeter. It is their integral feature, which can be fancy or not, but unfortunately you have to live with it and deal with it. On the other hand, such things are also a part of this hobby, a challenge. 

On the other hand, HB, Trumpeter and other Chinese companies are so productive, that I'm able to forgive them such a slightly disrespectful approach to compliance with the original.

However, it may also be a matter of a wrong set of plans used in the design stage or relying on the restored or rebuilt museum subjects or even replicas (I think we all remember the Tamiya's 1:48th scale Fw-190 D with its A series wing and wheel wells). 

The test fitting looks perfect, great job!

Best regards

Hubert

Thanks Hubert

Well my opinion for this company is: They are too hasty with low research

I built only 3 Trumpy kits up to now ( in 10 years) because they were only option in the market and all of them need serious corrections.

1/32 P-40B : very shallow cockpit and controversial nose shape

1/48 F-100C : Inaccurate nose and wheels

1/32 P-51B . Wrong exhaust area, inaccurate wheel well and very thick nape behind  the canopy.

Regards

The issue is a bit more complex : Hasegawa got the fuselage totally wrong. It's width is way too small. If you compare it to the Tamiya kit, you'll see what i'm talking about. So the Hasegawa canopy is, unfortunatly, also wrong in dimensions

Nice save, just can't understand why a reputable manufacturer can get something as a canopy so wrong........