Finished!! 1/32 Trumpeter P-47N Thunderbolt "Chautauqua&#

Tolga ULGUR

Another new start.

This is Trumpeter s 1/32 P-47N Thunderbolt which will be finished with the markings of "Chautauqua".

Unfortunately Trumpeter s kit has some problems. I will try to eliminte these.

-One of them is the inaccurate wheels.

I solved this problem with the help of Rick Griewski. He sent the resin wheels from Jerry Rutman s set. Very appreciated. Thanks again Rick.

-Another problem is inaccurate (really inaccurate) windscreen. I will swap it with Hasegawa s windscreen.

Here we go:

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

Firstly , I tried to fix the ugly Trumpeter s windscreen. This is really bad, simply disastrous

I decided to use Hasegawa s canopy. You can see the difference between the ugly and the real one.

But it needs some works to fit it on Trumpeter s fuselage.

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

Gap filled with Tamiya epoxy putty.

Hope the epoxy putty will work without a risk of damage to the canopy, when you remove it after it is fully dry and that the putty will not crumble when you split the fuselage halves. I'd probably go with the inserts made of HIPS. 

Watching with great interest and keep my fingers crossed :)

Best regards

Hubert

Interesting project. Is the rear part of the Trumpy canopy as bad as the forward part? Otherwise, maybe you could use the - presumably better fitting -  Trumpy-part in open position :hmmm:

Yes, all of them windscreen and the sliding canopy are wrong and inaccurate completely

Special effort is required to model something so badly.

It needs to celebrate Trumpeter . :wicked:

Hope the epoxy putty will work without a risk of damage to the canopy, when you remove it after it is fully dry and that the putty will not crumble when you split the fuselage halves. I'd probably go with the inserts made of HIPS. 

Watching with great interest and keep my fingers crossed :)

Best regards

Hubert

Thank you Hubert

Yes you are right, that s why I have used tamiya masking tape as a buffer between the epoxy and the clear part.