F-4E Phantom II in Hill Grey

BloorwestSiR

We're  into full on renos in our house so it's been slow getting to the workbench.

I've started fitting the TISEO to the wing.

20170716_200227-M.jpg

I cut out the requisite panels from the upper and lower wing parts.

20170716_200845-L.jpg

20170716_201854-L.jpg

Test fitting shows it's pretty good.

20170716_202604-L.jpg

I won't do the final fit and putty until I have the wing attached to the fuselage due to the way they're designed.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Great Start Carl! Like others have said, it's always fun following your builds, lots of clear description and good photos. I'm always astounded at how you end up working on two or three at a time!

I do like Phantoms if we're talking jets. I always remember the Michigan ANG birds, Selfridge was just across Lake St. Clair from my hometown. I'm old enough to remember the F-106s too.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Great Start Carl! Like others have said, it's always fun following your builds, lots of clear description and good photos. I'm always astounded at how you end up working on two or three at a time!

I do like Phantoms if we're talking jets. I always remember the Michigan ANG birds, Selfridge was just across Lake St. Clair from my hometown. I'm old enough to remember the F-106s too.

Richard

I'm young enough to remember the F-106. If you haven't seen a 104 at an air show, you haven't been to an airshow.

Great Start Carl! Like others have said, it's always fun following your builds, lots of clear description and good photos. I'm always astounded at how you end up working on two or three at a time!

I do like Phantoms if we're talking jets. I always remember the Michigan ANG birds, Selfridge was just across Lake St. Clair from my hometown. I'm old enough to remember the F-106s too.

Richard

Thanks Richard! I sometimes wonder about the quality of my pics since I take them on my workbench and usually during a build session. They're certainly not glamour shots that some members do.

I never saw the F-106 fly but did see various Phantoms strut their stuff.

I'm young enough to remember the F-106. If you haven't seen a 104 at an air show, you haven't been to an airshow.

I can't recall if I ever saw an F-104 at an airshow. I know they were around. I do remember the Voodoo though. Loud, smoky and imposing.

I've been slowly working on the cockpit. I went through my spares to see what was usable.

20170802_124104-L.jpg

I found what was left of an Avionix cockpit set and decided to use the sidewalls from it along with the rear radar console.

I carefully removed the raised details on the IP to make way for the Eduard coloured PE.

20170730_234228-L.jpg

I then gave the parts a coat of grey paint.

20170731_222124-L.jpg

Once dry, I masked off the are panels for the black.

20170802_135001-L.jpg