Count me in!

LSP_Ron

Thanks,

Looks like it's ready for paint. For the most part it fits well if you take your time and prep all the joins by flat sanding on sand paper taped to glass and using an emery board.

I glued the upper wings to the fuse then added the lower wing. This worked out well. I am glad I left the lower cowl un-glued because just like their Mk IX Spit you need to seperate the joint to get a good wing root joint

The only area that really took a lot of filling was the rear part of the lower wing to fuse joint. This was a horrible fit. Maybe it will get some Sky undersides tonight. Not much else to do but build. We haven't seen a blue sky and warm day since sometime mid August :post1: It's raining bucket loads today.

P9180001.jpg

P9180003.jpg

P9180005.jpg

P9180002.jpg

P9180004.jpg

Thanks,

It's a pretty good kit all things said. I am happy with it. Some things are a little clunky like the small landing gear doors which can easily be replaced with a little card stock.

I certainly has the lines of the Hurri when assembled :)

Looks like I've got some catching-up to do!

Are you going with Sky for the wheel wells? I was under he impression they were silver but then I know very little about the Hurricane.

Nice work as always, Ron! Although now I'm not looking forward to that lower wing to fuse assembly. Thankfully I left the lower cowl area unglued also.

Hi Dave,

I am going with silver in the wheel wells but I'll hit them with paint after I do the undersides. It will take a little fine work with the airbrush but I think it will be easier than trying to mask them to paint the sky and flat black (hint to what kit supplied scheme I am doing).

The cowl has to be separated about 1/16" or so at the wing root. Doing so leaves no gap in the root area and needs no filler. Filling the cowl takes about 1 minute with thick ZAP followed with a little filler.

Looking forward to seeing your update

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got all that paint work done. I first sprayed it with MM Dark Earth but was surprised to find this looked green more than brown. Here is a pic

P9270001.jpg

I've use this paint for years and this is the first time it's looked like this? not happy so I went with Humbrol instead.

P9280003.jpg

PA010004.jpg

PA010005.jpg

PA010006.jpg

Next is to mask off the landing gear bay and spray it with silver then a coat of gloss for decaling

thanks for looking

:speak_cool: