F-4E Peace for Galilee

scott_t

Hi All,

As an ex-USAF weapons loader, I just can't resist jumping in on this group build ...... load up the jet !

My subject is circa late 1970's ..... Israeli F-4E as seen in a photo in the AirDOC Israeli Phantoms book, Volume 1.

Jet will be loaded as per the photo ..... 6 Mk-20 Rockeyes on a MER on the centerline station, each inboard pylon will have 3 CBU-58s on a TER.

An AVG-23 Pave Spike pod in the left forward sparrow bay .....and 2 wing tanks. 

I made a start on this kit about a year ago before I got side-tracked by buying/selling/moving homes. Got as far as installing an Avionix cockpit, minus the front instrument panel and forward glare shield and the seats. I also installed a set of Rhino Model intakes and the base of an external refueling probe from Isracast.

A few pics attached to get started....

Zxvppb.jpg

RHufPW.jpg

KNLuVl.jpg

K6QSM0.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Scott

Great job on the cockpit! Always liked a loaded up Israeli Phantom.

Mike

Thanks Mike ....... hope to get some bench time to work the remaining cockpit area and will probably start up on weapons and racks.

Hi Filippo,

Avionix cockpit fits ......need some persuasion ...... and a lot of sanding .....the bottoms of the front and aft cockpit sections needed a lot of sanding .....the front cockpit floor ended up being pretty thin in the end. I also had to sand the nose gear floor pretty thin to give everything clearance to fit. Sides of the front and rear cockpits were actually not too bad ...... anded them back a bit and had to repeatedly check the fit and then more fit checks and adjustments for the sidewall consoles.

Took a few hours of work but I am happy with the fit.

-Scott

• 2 months later...