Yak-18 Bed Check Charlie 59: Done!

EmperorKai

Guest Clunkmeister

Good deal Kai. I'll be grabbing one of these to make my own version after this GB is done. Or should I use an SNJ or Wildcat if I want to be authentic to "Washing Machine Charlie"?

Thanks guys!  Got some airbrush time in last night, and will have some follow-up pics soon.

Good deal Kai. I'll be grabbing one of these to make my own version after this GB is done. Or should I use an SNJ or Wildcat if I want to be authentic to "Washing Machine Charlie"?

A Po-2 would cinch it, but unfortunately I don't think a 32 scale kit has been done yet.  Need more Russian stuff!  :)

82_2.jpg

Kai

Guest Clunkmeister

The18 is as good, Kai. This looks like a real fun build of a real nuisance machine.

Good thing they didn't fly twins like the Japanese did so the can fun the engines out of synch and wake everybody up night after night. They didn't even need to really drop bombs, just throttle one side back a it and fine up the same side prop, and you just woke u everyone from the C.O. To the cook's helper...

You're doing an amazing job on the cockpit!

Thanks Ernie :)

Finished up the cockpit painting.  A couple of quick pics  

IMG_9927_zpsec31wwg6.jpg

Don't have a lot of good pics of the interior, but it seems like the boxes on the radio deck are gray in most of them.  However, I think they're a little bland, so I'll go back and touch'em up with some color. 

IMG_9926_zpsypeuut6i.jpg

IMG_9918_zpshstqweo2.jpg

Airscale dials for the side consoles and joe decals from the spares bin.

IMG_9915_zpsmcjrqnjk.jpg

The clear panel was thinned, but otherwise the kit instrument panels turn out pretty good right out of the box. 

IMG_9925_zpsriakt0by.jpg

The opposite side.  Have closed up the fuselage and will be working on the engine next.

Thanks for looking!

Kai

Guest Peterpools

Kai

One good looking front office, as everything looks just right and belongs.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Looks great Kai, you could wire the back of the rear instrument panel if you wanted but I have no idea what that would look like on the real A/C. They pits look great! Keep up the hard work  :)

Paul

Thanks Paul!

Yeah, I thought about that too, but once the dash covers are in place none of it will be visible, so I opted to skip it.  I'll include a pic with the dashboards in place next post.

Kai