Zero77

Thanks for the kind words !

Looks lovely Nicolas!   What exactly is the is the difference in the conversion, IE what is the difference between the Lancer C and a normal Mig-21?

The Lancer is a modernized and westernized version of the MiG-21 used by the Romanian AF. I think it can carry any western built or soviet built missile (mine will have 2 Python III) and have modern avionics. It's considered as a 4th generation aircraft.

The cockpit has MFD screens and i think it was the first aircraft to get the Helmet-mounted display.

The A version is a strike version (mostly green/tan/brown camo), the B version is a two-seater (i dont know the purpose exactly, but i'd say strike or bombing, too + training), and the C version is an interceptor / fighter, with a white/light grey/dark grey camo over blue undersurface.

The conversion includes the full modernized cockpit, various exterior parts (sensors, flare dispensers, antennas...) made of resin or PE, a sheet of masks and a sheet of decals. The first orders also got a free resin exhaust nozzle.

Edited by Zero77

Very few progress this week. In fact it's what i dont like : detailing.... Time consuming and boring. But i have to do it, i think.

For the landing lights, i took 2 bits of resin, drilled a small hole (0.8mm IIRC) and then drilled a 3mm hole over it, but a bit less deep. Then i painted it gloss black and layed a coat of chrome over it. It looks good, and as pretty fast and easy to do.

20160130_213028_zpsbyio0zi9.jpg

20160130_213206_zpsbwueeje5.jpg

I also detailed the nose gear leg with the characteristic pipes layout of the MiG-21. I added a small brake caliper on the left side.

20160201_001022_zpsmcoslocq.jpg

20160201_001026_zpsyof137wk.jpg

20160201_001052_zpsybutarrs.jpg

Next i have to do the nose gear bay but i'm not very motivated...

Thank you !

The wheels are the HAD set. The kit wheels are all with vinyl tires, including the nose wheel.

The HAD wheels looks very good, with fine details and perfect casting. The only downside is that the casting block has a kind of resin sheet that goes a bit high on the wheel, so you lose the nice tire engraving in this area. But i think that when the aircraft is on its legs, you can see it anymore.

I ordered 2 sets and i dont regret it. They are in the top range of resin wheels on the market IMO.