P-51B 1/32 Trumpeter

Miloslav1956

Miloslav​,

What a incredible build. Your weathering is just 1st class for a well worn combat aircraft. The P-51B is a personal favorite but I've shied away from the Trumpeter kit for numerous reasons. After seeing your build, I've change my mind that in the right hands a top shelf replica can be build.

Is there a build thread on your P-51B, I'd really like to see how you created such a master piece.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Miloslav​,

What a incredible build. Your weathering is just 1st class for a well worn combat aircraft. The P-51B is a personal favorite but I've shied away from the Trumpeter kit for numerous reasons. After seeing your build, I've change my mind that in the right hands a top shelf replica can be build.

Is there a build thread on your P-51B, I'd really like to see how you created such a master piece.

Joel

I will build detailed  P51B "Old Crow". I'll add to WIP. It's not complicated, but very laborious.

Edited by Miloslav1956

I will build detailed  P51B "Old Crow". I'll add to WIP. It's not complicated, but very labor

Miloslav​,

I'm really looking forward to your build of OLD CROW. Sure hope it's sooner rather then later.

Joel

Such an excellent model! You proved that it is possible to build a very convincing P-51B from the Trumpeter kit...with talent and care. Wonderful job.

The weathering is masterful and extremely well applied. You are an artist. If I may say though, I agree with Kevin, I find it just a little heavy, especially since Gentile's aircraft was kept fairly clean and polished. It may just be the lighting which makes the weathering more visible. This is said with much respect and envy for your skills as a modeller, which are outstanding.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

• 3 weeks later...

Such an excellent model! You proved that it is possible to build a very convincing P-51B from the Trumpeter kit...with talent and care. Wonderful job.

The weathering is masterful and extremely well applied. You are an artist. If I may say though, I agree with Kevin, I find it just a little heavy, especially since Gentile's aircraft was kept fairly clean and polished. It may just be the lighting which makes the weathering more visible. This is said with much respect and envy for your skills as a modeller, which are outstanding.

Richard

Gentile's aircraft was not so clean. He had worn the surface. Here is a photo. :) :)

talant_zpsosy81c9a.jpg