He 111 P2 detail thread

i once send 20 pictures for the walkaround the T-33.. they never got posted there..so i am not to fond of that walkaroundsite..hehe¨

spending all day taking pics of the T-33 i all detyails..and never got them posted..

I just had a look at the T-33 walkaround and your photographs aren't there. :crying: Also pages 2, 3 and 4 from the Swedish museum are missing too... :help:

Anybody got a link for me to check out the missing stuff? Guttorm, when did you send in the photos, and to whom?

Kev

Also not wishing to 'rabble rouse' (there's no rabble on LSP anyway), I think for the initial period it is best to allow the He 111 thread to develop where comments/questions can be asked/answered.

I think that is what has made the Ju 88 detail thread so useful. Once the rate of queries/additions has died down it could be moved to a safer but more 'static' location....?

Matt

Anybody got a link for me to check out the missing stuff? Guttorm, when did you send in the photos, and to whom?

Kev

i took twenty pictures..details from every angle..cockpit and all..and oh yes,,they would be put in the walkaround,,never happened.. lots of work for no good..

Hi Guttorm, Ron here. When and where did you send these pictures? It's odd they were not added to the walk around section. The LSP staff is actively wanting to increase the content in that area of the site.

Matt, you bring up a good point. I also like the interactive portion. Kevin is right in our desire to have this very useful information in a more permanent format in the walk around section yet the interaction has some really great merit also. Hmmmm :hmmm:

Also not wishing to 'rabble rouse' (there's no rabble on LSP anyway), I think for the initial period it is best to allow the He 111 thread to develop where comments/questions can be asked/answered.

I think that is what has made the Ju 88 detail thread so useful. Once the rate of queries/additions has died down it could be moved to a safer but more 'static' location....?

Matt

i agree 100%

once the traffic has died down, then by all means archive it away

you guys (the Mods) can presumably see what traffic goes where on the site - surely this should back up Matt's suggestion? if that's not the case, then of course it makes sense to move it...

from a personal standpoint, the ability to ask a question to a guy who is intimately involved with the aircraft is priceless, and the key difference and advantage over having a lovely shiny reference book: i would trade my Spitfire Engineered book, lovely though it is, for a Spitfire IX version of Guttorm's 88 thread for instance

cheers

nick

• 5 months later...

now to some of you who want to build the rear compartment detailed..these tow pictures was taken of the Heinkel 111 P2 before it was restored and will give you a very good position of the radiowall..and also note the steelframe that holds the Pre I and Pre II just left to the radiowall itself- these two boxes covered the window in this area ( the window on left side seen in this picture ( left when looking from aft to forward )

also missing in the kit is the round steelbar that the gunner used to push the top turret around ( used his legs )

also including a picture of the Pre I and II so you can see the frame and the two boxes that covered this window

He111040.jpg

He111041.jpg

diverse004.jpg

and also to note.. inside the bomb bay the bomb racks does have small little doors to cover the openings..each rack has a little lid that covers the open racks on the slopeing areas on top.. and ofcourse the sidewindows in the bomb bay is not windows but hatches to open ( only windows in the bomb bay on transport version..but here i just used the windows in the kit as they are perfect and just painted over them )

the windows in the aft radiocaompartment is ofcourse there..so i dont get anybody confused ( i often get myself confused so no wonder if i get you guys confused..hehe )

Edited by junkers88a1

Thanks a lot for these fella - they will help us all a lot!

Ads

:)

worth to also notice is the two highstanding Mg 15 drum racks in the rear,a nd the total lack of doors.. as mentioned earlier i another thread these doors between compartments was removed by flighcrew as soon as the Heinkels ( same procedure with the americans and B-17`s ) arrived at squadrons to become operational. who wants to deal with closed doors that can jam os slam in combat.

a good thing for the crew to get rid of those and also a good thing for us because that makes so much more visible :)

Edited by junkers88a1

now keeping the doors was ofcourse a bit individual from crew to crew ( but main pratice was to have them removed..but the door into the aft where there was no crew was usually keept )

The crew used the bomb bay as a toiliet by the way as if any of you ever have thought about the germans plane never having a reliftube ) they peed into the open bombracks.. hehe ( just a curios little fact Arthur told me )

here Arthur is sitting in a Heinkel for the first time since 1940 ( picture taken in 2005 )

also a picture fom the He 111 to Casimir salvaged in 2004 ( some details worth notecing..the rods under the right side consol with yellow paint and also the firexstinghuser just before entering the bomb bay. enjoy modeling :)

also one of Arthurs picture of a crewmember in the rear compartment ( upper turret ) and a good picture showing the position of radios..picture taken from bomb bay ( top turret chair in foreground ) and notice no door

cassimirinHe111.jpg

cassimirsbilder00127.jpg

salvage006.jpg

Edited by junkers88a1

another pictures from Casimirs private album. note the electical wires in the bomb bay

here casimirs has given the command of the plane to his bombadier ( the stick was turnable to left or right side use)

nice detail of the handle.. the handle in Gardermoens museum is not original..controlcolums in but not the grip

this plane 6N+NH in this picture is brand new ( straight from the factory. mixed up a couple of his pictures..i need to find the picture where Casimir flies in the pilotseat during combat( there the door is removed. here one can see the sliding door still in place..( but still locked in open position during flight ) but this door was taken out before they got to Norway, as Arthur Von casimir was commander of KGr 100 he went to germany and picked out a brand new Heinkel H and had it repained in same code and emblems ( he flew a He 111 P2 with the code 6N+NH ( KGr 100 ) before he changed to this plane ( and that was made him so angry when it sank as he had just picked the best plane from the factory..and lost it after one mission..and they also lost the Ju88 A1 with knickelbein..and Casimirs He 111 was special equipmed also to find and locate targets ( note two roofantennas on his He 111 H )but a nice detailed photo from cockpit ..so both pathfinders they have got lost there in the lake ( i am building both the Ju 88 and his He 111-will be two Heinkels and one 88 in formation over Norway april 1940 :) hanging in my hobbyroom..one He 111 is already up sirceling and awaiting the rest of the formation.. hehe

cassimirsbilder00129.jpg

Edited by junkers88a1