HK Models Do 335B-6 Due in January 2018!

LSP_Kevin

Well, proposed nightfighter anyway. The B-6 was never built and the configuration HKM is modeling is the proposed production version from drawings. The closest thing was the M17, which had no radar or flame dampers, and a flush fitting framed hatch for the rear seater instead of the low profile bubble.

Is the art cockpit and glazing positioned correctly? I seem to recall it being further aft.... I don't know this aircraft very well so I'm curious.

In looking at the fuselage, it appears as though it couldn't get much further aft with the engine being where it is...

Edited by Juggernut

What about a B-4 with enlarged wingspan?

HK told me they were't doing the B-4 version but I have a B-4 conversion nearly complete.  Graham did the 3D work for me.  I'm just working on the last parts for it and should be ready soon.  Also, HK informed me the other day that their A-12 2-seat variant is on hold since ZM beat them to the punch.

Edited by Nicholas R Larson

Is the art cockpit and glazing positioned correctly? I seem to recall it being further aft.... I don't know this aircraft very well so I'm curious.

In looking at the fuselage, it appears as though it couldn't get much further aft with the engine being where it is...

Yes, it's in the correct position.  The aft cockpit occupies the area that was originally used for oil tanks. Or something like that.

These releases have really surprised me ... 2 companies releasing high quality Do.335's in multiple variants ...

I honestly wouldn't have thought the subject would be that popular ...  :o

Meanwhile no-one's even looked at a Do.17z :(

Don't get me wrong ... I've been sorely temped a couple of times ... especially the 'A' variant which actually flew before hostilities ceased in Europe.

But with an injection Lancaster, Whirlwind, Typhoon ... and a full resin A-20 kit on the way ... discipline is required

Rog :)

Good point Rog,

A 17Z but better still a nice Do 217...........something for Pastor John to get his teeth into for a couple of seriouslyy cool conversions.

...............................and back in the room, I'll keep dreaming shall I.

Regards. Andy

What are those things going for these days? Kept mine, as well as the small Monogram Close-up.

I'm guessing $30-$40 is about normal. With all of the other good books available on the aircraft, the price seems to remain reasonable.

Yes, it's in the correct position.  The aft cockpit occupies the area that was originally used for oil tanks. Or something like that.

I think from getting and looking over the 1/48 Paragon resin setup, they added the wing tanks because the radar op's seat occupies part of the full sized single seat fuel tank. I had got the B4 and B-6 sets for Tamiya back then.