Airfix Typhoon - AM SETS

Guest Peterpools

Here is something I have been tinkering with. PLUS, I had a new tyre printed for me.. (I did some polishing and detailing on it and now casting them) The kit version I used didn't have the ribs running around the sidewalls.

Roy's version is really nice, (much better than the feriners version)

Mine resembles Roy's...Oh well,

I should have known that this kit is popular enough to have several resin makers doing things for it.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=53420

As I recall, your Typhoon wheels looked killer, Harold. As to the ribbing, it's so subtle on the real tire, I don't know that it really makes that big a difference; a matter of personal taste I guess. I could easily live without it. What would be great, would be a 1:24 parachute like the beauties that True Details does in 1:32.

Just received a set of Master RP-3 Rocket Rails for the Typhoon.  All I can say is, these are superb!   Exquisite detail right down to the tails and clips and a significant improvement over kit parts.  At nearly US$50.00 a set, they're not cheap, but if detail is what you're after, you can't go wrong here.

Jerry Peterson

There should be some new stuff coming out soon.  The Barracuda stuff all looks brilliant, I'll probably invest in some wheels in the future.  Already ordered the Airscale cockpit decals for mine, that will be the only for sure purchase of AM. I think everything else can be built.  Unless G-Factor comes out with new gear at some point.

Matt  :frantic: