Birdcage Corsair the Hard Way!

LSP_Kevin

It would be cool to see either build get back on track. If you finish the 190 first, it will probably be the only one completed when you take it anywhere. I'm sure though we'll see a lot of Corsairs for the next year or two while people build those up.

Yep, that's a good point Matt. Tamiya has even deigned to render redundant the birdcage conversion aspect of this project. I think I'll worry about getting the two Spitfires off my bench first, then see how I'm feeling about each build.

Kev

Hmmm, a Trump backdated with wing radar. Sounds doable. What do I need ?............Harv

You'd need the Trumpeter kit with the Montex birdcage conversion, and the Lone Star Models wing pod. Plus any associated corrections/detail parts you'd want to add.

Matt :party0023:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol Kev ...

So ... how far along is your 190S?? ... and how long will it take to get it where it needs to be?

If the answer to those questions is that it can be completed in a relatively shortish period of time - may I suggest completing that one 1st?

Just going off my own experience, if I get too many builds going at once (and believe me, I did at one point! - a complete mess of track links and sprockets everywhere) ... I can tend to get a little muddled as to what my next plan of action was going to be :blink:

Also ... I find having "room to maneuver" helps with my organisation ... thankfully I have a whole room - with a built in wardrobe for organised kit storage ... so I can comfortably have 3 or 4 kits on the go without drama if I choose. Not everyone has that luxury, though, so if space is at a premium - I'd probably, again, lean towards finishing off what ever is on the go atm.

Whatever you decide to do ... don't put yourself under undue pressure to complete a task that has no official deadline!!! - lol, it's not as if we're employing you to build kits mate!

Whenever you get around to it ... I'm sure I'll enjoy your work as always :)

Rog :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rog. The 190S is more under the bench than on it, and has been so for quite some time now, so it's not at all in the way. I've decided that I really need to get started on this one though as soon as the Aerotech Spitfire is done, as I've kept AB waiting long enough. That of course means tackling the Tamiya kit too, and I reckon that's about as much as I can cope with at once!

Kev

• 10 months later...

OK, so it's several months later, and in fact several builds later, and I still haven't started this one. I do intend to though, and as soon as I'm able to, so I thought I'd bump it now, at the risk of suffering howls of derision and mocking! I'm surprised my AB hasn't initiated legal action!

So the plan at this stage is to start a review build of the FRROM IAR-81C when I've finished the Fisher Ryan, and start this one properly once I'm finished with either that one or the HK Do 335. I'd love to be able to sneak it on to the bench earlier than that, but I just don't have the room. Maybe if I have a tidy-up...

Kev

That's why I never do any kind of commission jobs anymore.  Takes the fun all out of the build when there is that hanging over your head.

I really would like to see this process run through though.  It doesn't look any worse than the old Eduard Hannover kit I embarked on several years ago that I had to scratch build the top wing (origional was warped then damaged beyond repair) and the other extensive work it needed. Finally having to scratch build the engine for it finally killed the "fun" part.  Lucky for me it fits in a small box.  I might jump back on it sometime, but not until I actually finish something else.

In any case I will be keeping an eye open on this thread.  In the past I have had opportunities to pick up the Trumpy kit and passed on it.  Will most likely obtain a Tammy kit to put in the stash.

Thanks fellas. If this wasn't such an intensive build, I would have started it ages ago, but have just never quite had the right window of opportunity. My workbench at the moment is already covered in the parts of 4 different kits, and I need to clear away at least two of them before I get serious here. So many kits, so little time!

But, I'll be back...

Kev

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...