Focke Factory

Bruce_Crosby

Very cool thread!

Apart from Yellow 10 (the Memphis Belle of D-13s??), what will the other schemes be?

I have the D-13 conversion and the fuselage pieces are very flimsy and rather soft in detail

More importantly I can't see any difference between the resin fuselage and the kit parts

The only bits I will use will be the D-13 intake and the cowling part

Am I missing anything?

The resin fuselage has actually got lots of differences.  If you look carefully you'll see the engine cowling is wider and the air intake is much larger.  The engine mountings were larger on the D-13 and were designed to be fitted to the Ta-152 so the cowling covers were widened and armoured at the same time.  Be aware the top cowling in the conversion kit is poorly shaped at the rear, too many curves!

As to what the kits will be finally, the D-13 will be Yellow 10, one D-9 will be White 15, the one with the Ta-152 broad chord tail will be one of the two in service examples, D6, and the fourth, not sure yet.

At some later date I will need another D-13 Conversion set to make into a D-11.  It's the same modified engine and cowlings but with a couple more MK 108's in the wings. That means robbing underwing inserts and wingtop blisters from an A Series kit.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Hi Guys,

What's wrong with a bit of ambition? To be honest I've surprised myself with this D-13 and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another Grey Matters conversion kit and Henri Daehne prop and do a D-11. Lower wing gun fittings and upper blisters from a Hasegawa A kit, don't fit the centre gun tube on the prop and it's just about done. If I can plan it in my head it means I can do it.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Hi Guys,

Plan B (for Bucket) is now in operation. I'm going to make a D-11 as well! Might not (actually will not!) be this year but I've got the base model, the Hasegawa D-9 kit. I've found an A-8 kit that will provide the underwing and overwing parts for the fairings over the outboard cannons. I know I've got some MDC MK108 guns somewhere and I've got a second Grey Matters/Jerry Rutman D-13 conversion coming on Saturday. And I've emailed Henri Daehne about getting another prop kit.

Why the rush? Today is my 67th birthday and I want to at least get the model started prior to Bucket kicking time!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Hi Guys,

Just a very quick update: I emailed Henri Daehne and to cut a long story short, the D-13 propeller to make the D-11 will be posted tomorrow morning.  He's really quick to reply and if you're on PayPal the transaction is a couple of minutes.  Easy!  And it is one of the best products out there, up with HGW and Yahu in my book.

Thanks for the birthday greetings, very much appreciated.  But that's LSP all over, a bunch of great guys making great models.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby