My 109 addiction: Walter Oesau: Completed 26/Jan/18

Gazzas

Chris and John,

Thank you very much!

I have discovered a limitation in using the Silouette Portrait.  I tried to make the WNr. stencil with the WN being about 1.5mm tall and the numbers being .7mm tall.  Although the cutter cut everything, the Oramask 810 lifted off and became damaged around the 'weaker' area of the numbers.

When I say weaker, I mean those parts were the shapes are very fine, like the corners of twos, fives, and sixes, as well as the insides of threes, zeroes, sixes, eights, and nines.

Then there is the need to 'weed' out those fine numbers.  I need better magnification.  I have 3X reading glasses which are quite comfortable unlike the 3X visor I bought a couple years ago.  But even with them it is difficult to see things that fine.

Final pics in a bit.  I did the detail painting last night, but the pictures I took seemed a bit washed out due to too much light.

Gaz

Hi Guys,

Finally crossing the finish line on this one.  For a cheap, educational build it was fun.  I had to overlook the kit faults and avoid looking at some of mine.  But I tried some new stuff like the HGW transfers and using a cutting machine to make masks, as well as trying to put visual interest into a single color scheme without taking it too far. 

Some of my weathering isn't very visible to me.  I preferred to be too faint instead of too strong.  Subtle is the word I want, but in some cases, they just didn't come out as noticable as I wanted, but I wasn't going to try again and end up with them too dark.  Like ppl keep telling me:  "less is more".

Anyway, some pictures:

b_104946.jpg

b_104956.jpg

b_104918.jpg

b_104930.jpg

b_104939.jpg

b_104904.jpg

And finally a family show with aircraft and Pilot's names.  The photo is a little washed out from light:

b_210600.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Gaz