1e_zps0ga5f8qn.jpg

1d_zpszfobacgq.jpg

2a_zpsxlkszfc1.jpg

3b_zpskfb5oggs.jpg

3c_zpsjie7hjcv.jpg

4c_zpsdndsw5xn.jpg

5b_zpskwwb1aow.jpg

6_zpsjhaoyv6v.jpg

An impulse build after a 1:48 Airfix Spitfire from a month or so ago. Five weeks from cracking the box to what you see here – and yes I know I haven't painted the sway braces on the pylons and centreline yet.

As usual with Hasegawa's BIG kits it simply fell together without any fuss whatsoever, I was expecting ‘issues' with the multi-piece cowl, but it behaved impeccably. The huge take-away from this build is the incredible quality of AK's enamel lacquer's. So much better behaved than Alclad and nowhere near as ‘smelly'. First time using Kagero's decals and they worked perfectly also.

Not much else to say, my first 1:32 completion in a l-o-n-g time and enjoyed so much I dragged-out my H'gawa 109G-14 as a possible next project…   Thanks for taking the time to look folks and please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments or criticism.

Ian.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments very much and glad you like it.

Have to admit I had it very easy, everything from the construction to masking & painting (even the yellow stripes and (off) black outlines, to decals and final assembly, all of it went exactly as it should, so rare that happens. Must be luck !!

Looking at another Hasegawa kit (the 109G-14), or getting back to my Kittyhawk Bronco, or even the Tamiya P-51 for my next 1:32 build.

AFN, and thanks again.

Ian.