Hasegawa Avia S-92

LSP_Kevin

Any details about your next project?

Well, the only thing I can say for sure is that my next LSP project will be this one:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=26603

I've also got Hasegawa's old-tool Dora kit in the stash, which features a new-tool Dora fuselage mated to the old-tool wings from their 190A kit. Given that the two kits will need the same work done on the wings, I'm contemplating building them in parallel.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to either of these projects, as I really need to start doing a lot of work on the LSP website. I'll probably just build a quick 1/48 model or two while that's happening.

Kev

Wow, that Avia scheme looks a lot better than I thought it might, very striking scheme well executed!

I hate to bring this up Kev, but it appears that your gunsight glass is angled the wrong way (IIRC, it usually tilts back towards the pilot, vs away like yours is now)? Of course I may be wrong!

Cheers,

Doug

I hate to bring this up Kev, but it appears that your gunsight glass is angled the wrong way (IIRC, it usually tilts back towards the pilot, vs away like yours is now)? Of course I may be wrong!

You're probably right Doug. I wasn't too sure about it myself to be honest, and since I had to retrofit some home made glass to the Trumpeter gun sight part, the way it ended up was the way it seemed to fit best, based on looking at the Trumpeter instructions. It's too late to change it now, so I'll just pretend that the Czech pilots preferred them backwards.

Kev

Very nice model you have there Kiven one you can be proud of and should do very well at the model show you are going to go to. :clap2: :clap2: :goodjob:

Richard

Thanks Richard. To be honest I think it has accumulated too many flaws and mistakes to be competitive now. The show I'm aiming at is our Aussie equivalent of Telford or the US Nationals, so the standard's pretty high and the judging can be pretty unforgiving. But that's OK; I'm happy if I get a few nice comments.

Kev

• 5 years later...

I went searching in this thread for my RFI photos, and realised that not only did I not post any here, but I never posted the link to the actual RFI thread, either! :doh: So, at the risk of resurrecting a zombie thread, and just so I can find them again in the future, here's the RFI thread:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=34397

Kev

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I've just been through this thread and updated all the image links to ImageShack. I can't believe this was over 6 years ago! I loved this project, and it's still one of my favourite models. I really want to get back to this kind of modelling, and hope to do so soon.

Kev