Bruce_Crosby

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

Hi Tony,

And here's me thinking I'm going crazy!

If I remember correctly the helmet systems are designed and built by BAe and they have to mesh with the base software intimately so I think any British add-ons will work. Israel is full of computer smart arses, mix that with a hard edge military and believe me, they will wring every drop of useability out of their planes.

And that lovely primer green would make a great model, can't wait to see what you can do. I've got a bottle of MRP Lemon Yellow Russian primer to whack onto a 1/48 Flanker, same idea, different plane.

Italeri will probably do the B, the Italian armed forces are buying the A and B versions with a lot of the assembly being done in Italy. That saves on the air fare to Lockheed!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

#17 Bruce_Crosby

Bruce_Crosby

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

Just watching YouTube of a F-35 simulator with an instructor explaining the cockpit software in real time. Phenomenal!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

#18 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Coolest thing has to be that the airframe has a whole bunch of cameras and sensors on the fuselage so the pilot can flip a switch and essentially make the aircraft dissapear around him so he can "see" right through it.

Charlie Company, 7th Engineers Suppt Bttn, 1st FSSG, !st Mar Div

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F-35, IAF

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users