Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:11 AM

Looking good!

#17 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,417 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

lol, we were just talking about this. (NOT how long Ern has to live)
I've always thought some modular approach like Tamiyas F-14 woild be the ticket with So many variants with a modular nose, and tail sections, and maybe a wing locking system like HKs B-25s

Like we were talking about: modular design. Give us a common center section with wings, then separate nose and tail. Manufacturer could produce either a generic or version with crazy cool nose art, then release others with different nose and rear sections over time, or better yet, sit back and let the aftermarket develop the different variants and Privateers.

A B-24 would make perfect sense that way.
  • Out2gtcha and MikeC like this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#18 nmayhew

nmayhew

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

**off topic**
:)

Jennings please check your email - I asked a question about your Spitfire decals
  • Clunkmeister likes this

#19 Scotsman

Scotsman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:36 AM

Some People here are VERY HAPPY this one is moving forward, I can foresee at least  3 of these beasts  in my future.. Thanks for the update Jennings!

• phantomdriver, Out2gtcha and Clunkmeister like this

#20 Royboy

Royboy

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

My bank account is going to take a severe beating when this model finally arrives!

I've got the Lanc to save up for yet, there's even more fantastic stuff on the horizon from other manufacturers as well so I'll have to apply to have my life extended by yet another fifty years to accommodate them all!!   :P  

• Phartycr0c, Out2gtcha, David66 and 3 others like this

Don't just talk about it, build it! 

#21 mgbgtv8steve

mgbgtv8steve

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Brilliant news!! I don't really care how long Neil takes with this beauty, just as long as the wait turns out to be worthwhile - which i know it will!!!

Now Neil, about that B.26 Marauder?!

Regards,

Steve S. (an ardent HKM lover.)

• Out2gtcha, David66, Clunkmeister and 1 other like this

#22 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

I need at least 3

#23 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

Sorry these are a bit naff, I took them years ago when men were men and cameras had some funny reel of plastic in the back, it was a families day I flew to in a Puma that we displayed.

Phanthom.jpg

Phantom2.jpg

Phantom.jpg

Edited by TonyT, 15 August 2017 - 09:25 AM.

• Jack, Lee White, Scotsman and 11 others like this

#24 Scotsman

Scotsman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

Ok lets see , one in RN DSG/White , 41 Sq Green/Grey , and 111Sq Low Vis Grey .. well that's the obvious ones out of the way ...!

Oh and Tony , Real film and F-4's just seem to go together! - excellent Pics!

colinR

• Jack, Out2gtcha and David66 like this

#25 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, Im probably not quite as huge an FG.1 fan as some here, but this thing is a beast, and a must have. I have a J-79 USN Spook in the stash, but have not yet tackled it with other projects looming, but this one will be unique for sure. 

#26 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,417 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

The FG.1 is different, no doubt, but cool.

I have a hard enough time building a garden variety F-4J, so how I'll ever get to one of these is beyond me.

• Out2gtcha likes this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#27 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

Yup Spey powered, so it became the most powerful, most expensive Phantom ever built and due to them having to butcher it about to squeeze the Speys in.... the Slowest!   Oh and because they had to butcher it and squeeze them in, they only had room for firewire and couldn't fit an extinguisher system, so get a light on and you were forced to visually inspect it from about 500 foot up, which is about the height the seat chucked you. :)

• Out2gtcha, David66 and allthumbs like this

#28 Gerhard

Gerhard

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

Did I just read HKM and Lancaster in the same sentence?

#29 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

And of course the famous one departing RAF St Athans after a major service in full reheat.

oSUlcNB.jpg

015.jpg

Traditionally, on leaving overhaul at Saint Athan, aircraft would do a fly-by for the benefit of the groundcrew. The pilot of this particular Phantom FG1, a retiring Wing Commander, was chatting to a member of the ground crew the day before the departure flight. He said he was going to fly between the hangars and that the guy should be ready with a camera to record the event. It was due to be his last flight, so he was going to do something 'special'. The groundcrew weren't too convinced of the pilot's claim, but stood around as usual anyway watching as the F4 took off, destination Leuchars. As the photo shows, the pilot was not joking, you can see the afterburner diamonds quite clearly in front of the hangar. You can also see personnel standing underneath it. The recently tuned Speys allegedly shook a man working in the roof of one of the hangars enough for him to fall and break his leg. These hangars are set east to west, about 75 yards apart, and you can estimate the height from the length of the Phantom. Immediately after the event, the pilot was contacted by the tower and was instructed in no uncertain terms to 'return and land immediately'. As I am told, he did so and was given a severe rollicking. I don't know what action was taken, but it was his last flight in any case. What a way to go out, I wonder if it ranks as one of the shortest logged emergency-free Phantom flights?

http://imgur.com/oSUlcNB

• BloorwestSiR, David66, 305 swag and 3 others like this

#30 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:14 PM

And let's not mention farms in the Falklands, if that doesn't get the chickens and the wife laying one, i dont know what will.. :D

F4SDI.jpg

Thinking about it this is probably one of the J's we bought to tide us over, they were used in the Falklands as being an oddball in the fleet.... Interestingly they did a hip replacement on some old dear down south and they used a phantom bolt in the operation as they were short, titanium is the one metal bone will grow too.

Edited by TonyT, 15 August 2017 - 05:21 PM.

• Chek, BloorwestSiR, David66 and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users