BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

This sort of thread should be mandatory for everyone who thinks "converting the X kit to the G-4 can't be THAT much work." :rofl:

I actually think the exact OPPOSITE.   This thread should be mandatory for anyone who thinks that the a G-4 conversion is "impossible" or "way too much work for me". 

Russ made it look super easy, and while it is not that easy, it certainly isnt as hard as I initially thought it was going to be. Im no master modeler, but Im certainly capable of the work Russ did here.  

Now weather I want to actually go that route is a horse of a different color. 

I'm just grateful Russ didn't put his images on Photobucket.

Kev

Funny that K1.....i was JUST thinking about that looking over some of Russ's old threads.

I was thinking it must have been back when LSP was hosting pics?

I'm 100% in agreement with Brian. As I read through Russ' thread it gradually dawned on me that, though I'm no master modeller I do have the experience and already many of the elements that he used, not least the Dragon Bf110E. Since he built his, several extra AM items have become available like the Tasman canopy and the Zwilling machine guns, so I'll be having a bash in the forseeable future using Russ as my guide!

Max

HI Ruzlkampf I would love to have a copy of the plans that you are using for you really fantastic build as I would love to build this version of the me110 as I would prefer to build my own than buy AM , I really am into night fighters . Jim . ps if there is any cost involved I will happily reimburse you .

HI Ruzlkampf I would love to have a copy of the plans that you are using for you really fantastic build as I would love to build this version of the me110 as I would prefer to build my own than buy AM , I really am into night fighters . Jim . ps if there is any cost involved I will happily reimburse you .

Sadly Russ passed away many years ago. There is another thread re: the G variant night fighter and a possible G-4 night fighter conversion for the DML kit. 

See HERE.

• 3 months later...

I'm another who has just read this thread through and I've been so impressed with the enthusiasm, energy and optimism of Russ. What a great build! And what an example of a go-getcha approach to modelling and indeed life. I didn't meet you Russ, but I've still benefited from your input here. God speed...

Padraic

• 3 weeks later...