Silver Wings Planned Releases for 2013/2014/2015

Silver Wings

Thank you to everyone who took the time to take our poll and tell us which of the kits we listed you would like to see. We will be working over the next several days to analyze the results, and will post a listing of our planned releases for 2013 once completed.

Sincerely,

The Silver Wings Team

We would like to thank everyone who took part in our recent poll regarding possible future releases for Silver Wings. We were pleased to have a great number of votes which helped us to choose subjects that you, our customers and friends, would like to see. As we have mentioned previously, we are working towards the ability to release kits in injected plastic in addition to our existing resin kit line. Of course, this is not easy, and although we continue to make progress, we still cannot say for certain which of these kits will be released in resin, and which will be released in injected plastic. That being said, it is indeed our goal to release some of the more "mainstream" kits in injected plastic.

Accordingly, Silver Wings is pleased to announce our next 12 planned releases for 2013/2014:

1) 1:32 Polikarpov I-153 Chaika (January/February 2013)

2) 1:32 Bristol Bulldog (February/March 2013)

3) 1:32 Hawker Demon

4) 1:32 Vought OS2U Kingfisher

5) 1:32 Fiat G.50

6) 1:32 Boeing Stearman

7) 1:32 PZL P.11

8) 1:32 Fokker DXXI

9) 1:32 Yak 9

10) 1:32 Lavotchkin La5

11) 1:32 Fiat CR.20

12) 1:32 Heinkel He-112

Some of you may note that one subject we had previously hinted at producing, a 1:32 Curtiss P6-E is missing from this list. We had indeed planned to release this kit, but it would have been in resin. An injected plastic kit manufacturer was kind enough to contact us about this subject, and expressed their desire to release an injected plastic kit of this subject. Being modelers ourselves, we know that most of our customers would prefer to have a lower-cost injected plastic kit of the P6-E rather than a more expensive resin kit of the same subject. Accordingly, we have dropped this subject from our planned release listing, and along with many of you, hope to see an excellent injected plastic 1:32 Curtiss P6-E in the future. Note that if for some reason the injected plastic kit manufacturer decides not to pursue releasing this kit, we will certainly add it back to our planned list.

We hope that you, our customers and friends, are excited as we at Silver Wings are about these future releases. Due to the excellent response we received from our future release poll, we plan to do more of these in the future and will ask you to vote on planned kit marking options, etc. Be sure to visit our website www.silverwings.pl for the latest information about these new releases, and to see our existing products.

Sincerely,

The Silver Wings Team

A wonderful list indeed, and I am gratified beyond measure to see the I-153 Chaika at the top of the list, as well as two other important VVS aircraft on the list - the Yak-9 and La-5! Thank you very much for asking what we modellers want, and we shall all be waiting in anticipation for your kits!

Best Regards,

Jason

Now that is one terrifying list (from my wallet's perspective). Every one is a superb choice.

I only wish you had the ability to do an I-15 with the I-153 kit, but they are quite different in construction.

Thanks so much for listening and for your amazing creativity,

Tnarg

Guest Peterpools

A terrific list of some wonderful aircraft coming out for next year but the news that the P-6E Hawk was removed from the production list because an injected molded manufacture might produce it, is terrible news. How many kits have been promised, CAD plans shown and test shots released and then year after year of absolutely nothing? I'm sorry I'm so down on the decision to kill the P-6E but it has been my number one request. Very bad news indeed. :( :(

Peter

A terrific list of some wonderful aircraft coming out for next year but the news that the P-6E Hawk was removed from the production list because an injected molded manufacture might produce it, is terrible news. How many kits have been promised, CAD plans shown and test shots released and then year after year of absolutely nothing? I'm sorry I'm so down on the decision to kill the P-6E but it has been my number one request. Very bad news indeed. :( :(

Peter

Not sure how this is bad news? If the other company does not release one, the text above says Silver Wings will. So, either we get an injected P6-E, or we get a resin one.

Personally, I am happy either way.

Doug

Guest Peterpools

Doug

Just my way of thinking but dropping a planned release because a manufacturer might produce it, is just caving in. Except for a few companies, planned and or promised releases means absolutely nothing. I know I'm being selfish and one sided, but of all the kits, this is the one special kit I've been waiting for for years. I know the promise to release it if the other company doesn't actually produce it but again, what does that mean? If ZM caved, we would have been the losers for not having two great P-51D's to chose from.

So what's wrong with having a resin and a injected molded P-6E ? Nothing because the resin kit would be available to buy now and the injected molded kit is only a promise, with no name or release date.

Sorry for being on the soap box.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools