1/32 Cavalier Turbo Mustang conversion

oppenheimer

ok, so i call it done the interior, here are some pictures, also i did some tryouts on the fitting of the resin nose, and for now this is what i can say, the fitting let a lot to be desired, the resin nose is wider than the fuselage,about 1mm on each side of the fuselage, i dont know yet how i will approach this issue, tomorrow i will post a picture of the problem, so you guys can give me ideas on how to address that problem.

_MG_1877_zpsigxyjtd9.jpg

_MG_1876_zps3h0kusoq.jpg

_MG_1875_zpsyo1zq14p.jpg

Edited by oppenheimer

Jorge​,

The various sub assemblies for the cockpit really look quite good, and are up to your usual standards. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Let the surgery begin, i started with the belly radiator inlet, it is history now, thougt it will be difficult, it turns out it was a simple task

_MG_1878_zpsbisk1ggk.jpg

and here is the resin plug for the belly to replace the missing radiator inlet

_MG_1879_zpshlgdhcs6.jpg

_MG_1880_zpsbil2bgt1.jpg

The new nose is a heavy chunck of resin, minimal detail, i had to redo all the panel lines and will add some detail like cowling fasteners and try to replace the little access doors with PE spare ones, the area painted in black at the back of the nose is the area i will drill to reduce the weight of the nose

_MG_1882_zpslhhxi2ao.jpg

here is a general view of the turbo mustang

_MG_1884_zps3b1jguqv.jpg

Jorge,

Those 1st steps sure are scarely looking. But I'm sure that once you work your magic on blending and refining them, the shell will look as those it was molded that way.

Joel

Some update, started to fit the flat resin belly plug to eliminate the radiator inlet, the fiiting of this piece was not the best, the resin plug was warped and the resin didnt went all the way in the mold, as you can see in the picture how the fitting was, had to cut the plug in order to make it fit the fuselage better

_MG_1892_zps1fhqav6u.jpg

after lots or sanding and filling i managed to finish this firs modification.

_MG_1893_zpswsrohcub.jpg

_MG_1894_zpsr4xlpk3p.jpg

Also i removed the vertical stab end so i can place the plug for the longer vertical tail

_MG_1895_zpsnlfyeamj.jpg

Next step will be the hardest one, try to mate the resin nose with the kit fuselage , i will keep you guys up to date later

Edited by oppenheimer

Jorge,

After looking at the 1st picture, I thought "no way" is this going to work, yet in the 2nd picture you've got it to fit perfectly. the tail mod really came out quite nice as well.

Joel

I am moving to the next area, the nose plug, first i drilled the center section of the nose plug to reduce the weight of it

_MG_1897_zpsqsesi7j9.jpg

The fiiting of the nose was quite simple and forward, very nice fitting and simple work of filling to remove the joint of the plastic and resin

_MG_1898_zpspadvmmnq.jpg

_MG_1900_zpsvorqvr2t.jpg

Edited by oppenheimer