Shawns Non-LSP thread

Shawn M

After much drama (not due to Harold at all) and 4 months of waiting, I finally received my Historic Racing Miniatures Shelby Cobra Dayton Coupe kit.

All resin (192 pieces) and PE (1 fret)  kit, gorgeous expansive decal sheet and some of the thinnest resin casting I've ever seen, very much scale thickness.

Im off on vacay next week then need to complete my model room closet redo then I will dive in!

If you have a passion for old race cars, definitely hit up Harold Bradford (the owner and sole employee) of HRM.

Class act guy, amazing customer service and extremely knowledgeable guy.

Edited by Shawn M

• 2 weeks later...

So after a hiatus (still not done with my stash closet) I received my Meng WW'Toons King Tiger AND my Cobra Coupe kit.

As the Cobra is a life goal model for me, I've started very very slowly working on it.

All resin and amazingly cast, Im slowly adding details and perfecting fit.

Nothing at all exciting to show unless you want a King Tiger review shoot.

Ok King Tiger review...... no I wont discuss accuracy :P

The kit, much like the Sherman I built previously is well cast with sharp details, no flash and a well engineered construction sequence.

You get 5 sprues and a hull of nice grey plastic, a simple set of decals,  a pair of rubber band tracks and instructions.

Designed to be "press fit" you really dont need to use glue and with the one piece lower hull (versus the split sherman hull) there are even less potential seams to clean up.

The barrel for the canon is one piece with an open muzzle break, also eliminating seams and potential construction issues.

While the suspension is not functional, poly caps and unique axle designs allow the tracks to "roll".

**Note**

The Tracks come stuffed inside one another which will lead to some nasty twists if not removed from the box and allowed to relax.

Items like tow cables, shovels, tools, hatches, spare tracks, lights, mufflers and tow shackles and grab handles are all molded separate.

Its bigger then the sherman (as it should be) but still small and has a fun appearance that lends itself to more advanced techniques to make it really pop!

Onto the pics!

35680106072_dfae704e03_b.jpg

35717300811_4082e55194_b.jpg

35717298481_08b0ac896b_b.jpg

35717295971_772095a0f5_b.jpg

35717294071_09f5b6974c_b.jpg

35717292701_96f309f37f_b.jpg

35717290761_af2157f231_b.jpg

35717289281_f063ab5049_b.jpg

more in pt2

Edited by Shawn M

if I had one gripe, it would be the moulded on track tools on the rear glacis, but a few swipes with a scriber or removal of them and adding new ones on is an easy fix.

You can take this lil guys as far as you want to, or straight from the box.

Either way these bring the fun back into modelling

lol, not touching them till the cobra is done if I can resist

The 'Lex kit is AMAZING

Sounds cool, no doubt. I've run right smack into a wall, building wise, and will once again have nothing entered at the show this year.