1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!!! fantastic scratchbuild. Im building a EMBRAER KC-390 but I cant put my photos. I would like that somebody help me how I put photos...

LSP requires a photo hosting site to upload your pics to, such as Flikr, Smug Mug or the like in order to have pics shown here.  

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So I've been busy converting the T-38 CAD model from Rhino to Fusion 360.  We are ramping up to print some new parts.  Since the originals were printed several years ago I was using the original Form 1+ printer.  That printer has since died and was so early in the game that the print quality as been outclassed by my newish printer.

Here are some renders and a little profile that stated as the basis for parts and decals I provided to Pig.  I added some color because it just plain fun.

SeatRenderFrontRight.png?format=2500w

SeatRenderAftRight.png?format=2500w

AT-38BColorProfile.png?format=2500w

Timmy!

Dude I love you man- gonna hit this one again. Looking forward to it- This is my magnum-opus, and you have been my inspiration for all of it. This model needs to be finished, but the truth is, it wouldn’t have even come half this far without you-  I can see the final result in my mind..it’s time, right? Appreciate you brother, and thank you.

cheers

Pigfighter

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

On 8/30/2021 at 10:42 AM, cmayer said:

Can't wait to see this blue AT-38 parked next to Timmy!'s Shaguar...

Timmy!’s Jag will dwarf this model- He has moved up to 1/12 scale! It’s ginormous.

Timmy! Is going to crank some parts out of the printer for me. The front cockpit rudder pedals need to go down; then I can install the front IP, glareshield, gunsight, then secure the windscreen. One the windscreen is on, I can start skinning the fuselage, and we are rolling again!

The rudder pedals are best served by Timmy!’s 3D magic- they have some very cool retro Northrop logos on them that would be extremely difficult to replicate otherwise.

I had to go back and review my own thread, because I literally couldn’t remember some of the techniques I used. The lost wax casting in particular.. I knew I did it, but couldn’t recall the sequence of events :hmmm:.

Moving some projects around the bench to make room for the Smurf jet. Heck, I’ve only been working on it for eleven years!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to 1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!
21 hours ago, easixpedro said:

It warms my heart to see you getting back after her. This build is why I started my 1/24th Prowler a few years ago and why I started building LSPs. So many things to watch and learn. You and Timmy! have taught us all a whole heck of a LOT that's for certain...

Thanks Booger- appreciate that!

Check this out- Timmy! Re-worked the seats. Here are his renders that will get printed..crazy good stuff

Z0s8uEe.jpg
U1WtEG3.jpg

Timmy!- I hope you don’t mind me showing off your work here! Feel free to upload any images of your CAD to this thread that you like- It is just too amazing to not share 

Pigfighter