New from WnW

SWApilot

In reality what is there to do to the D.Va?  Add decals.  Paint red so decals show through...  You don't even really need specific decals.  Anybody can make a Red Baron D.Va

...completely underwhelmed.  A figure is nice...  but my figure skills sux.  Maybe the other four marking options will be cool.

Edited by Gazzas

Guest Clunkmeister

What's the big deal with the Dr.1? The Rodent kit is GREAT! And I can't say that about all their kits.

Ok, it needs guns. And help with the prop. But people replace those with resin and wood AM on Wingnut kits, too.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Richard Alexander said there'd be another announcement in May at the Shizouka show. The Dr.I rumor may not be dead yet

Matt

That proposed announcement was only if they didn't have everything ready for the NZ show, which evidently they have.

As has been said, the fact they've made decals for the Roden Dr.I pretty much puts an end to any thoughts WNW's will be producing one.

What's the big deal with the Dr.1? The Rodent kit is GREAT! And I can't say that about all their kits.

Ok, it needs guns. And help with the prop. But people replace those with resin and wood AM on Wingnut kits, too.

My understanding is the MvR Albatros kit includes decals for the Roden DR.I:

41549106692_9158a61acb_k.jpg

From forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com, you need to be a member

Richard

That proposed announcement was only if they didn't have everything ready for the NZ show, which evidently they have.

As has been said, the fact they've made decals for the Roden Dr.I pretty much puts an end to any thoughts WNW's will be producing one.

Yep, I'm in agreement. We're not going to see a WNW Dr.I until Roden stop producing them.

Guest Clunkmeister

My understanding is the MvR Albatros kit includes decals for the Roden DR.I:

41549106692_9158a61acb_k.jpg

From forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com, you need to be a member

Richard

I am a member

I just hang here.

My point was that there is nothing wrong with the Roden kit. It's decent and accurate. I've built one several years back and have a couple more, one Dr.1 and one Encore F.1 Voss boxing. It needs guns and prop help, but other than giving the tail plane a bit of attention in it's center section, is a really decent kit.

I feel it's only shortcomings are based on the limits of injection molding technology.

Edited by Clunkmeister