A Clean Machine...CH BF109E-4

williamj

Boy, that one got tore up a bit..

I love the Emil and the super clean and sanitary early war paint jobs.

Am I right in assuming the CH Emil is the best Emil out there?

Well...that's what the general consensus is..there is a very comprehensive 109E comparison of 5 manufacturer's kits somewhere here I believe.

The CH won,over Eduard, Match Box,Hasegawa,Trumpeter.   It's the reason I bought two.

OH!....Here it is  http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=747   Part 1

. http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=748                          Part 2

Edited by williamj

Guest Clunkmeister

Well...that's what the general consensus is..there is a very comprehensive 109E comparison of 5 manufacturer's kits somewhere here I believe.

The CH won,over Eduard, Match Box,Hasegawa,Trumpeter.   It's the reason I bought two.

OH!....Here it is  http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=747   Part 1

. http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=748                          Part 2

Yup, I read that back a year or so ago.

• 2 weeks later...

A little more progress...long way to go yet....new props,some paint and a few decals...final finish coat in a few days,some things to fix yet.

Thanks for following   Bill.

DSCF7802_zpsg8wwojjx.jpg

DSCF7817_zpsjsbqhzo4.jpg

The props turned out ok not perfect..but better than what was there at least.Look black in the pic...RLM 70

DSCF7824_zpsnos2cqla.jpg

Edited by williamj

Guest Peterpools

BIll

Wonderful front office and the cammo work looks fantastic. Of all the 109, the E's are at the top of my list.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 1 month later...

Bill...

za5AgU9vSnz1K_zpsmtkqwzin.gif

Oh man! Utterly gorgeous build so far...and those colours! Just love those clean and mean early Emil schemes. I mean, who needs all that nasty mottling anyway!

I think this just illustrates why Luftwaffe subjects are so popular. Don't get me wrong, RAF subjects are mainly my thing but...

WW2 RAF colour schemes = mainly boring

WW2 Luftwaffe colour schemes = A kaleidoscope of interesting colours and markings

Even WW1...

WW1 RFC colour schemes = Mainly drab and boring (with a few zany exceptions)

WW1 Deutchse Luftstreitkrafte = An explosion in Bob Ross' paint box

Can't wait to see the finished emil! I've got a couple of the Cyberhobby kits in the stash, but they have a snowman's chance in hell of looking anywhere near this good!

Best regards;

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Bill...

za5AgU9vSnz1K_zpsmtkqwzin.gif

Oh man! Utterly gorgeous build so far...and those colours! Just love those clean and mean early Emil schemes. I mean, who needs all that nasty mottling anyway!

I think this just illustrates why Luftwaffe subjects are so popular. Don't get me wrong, RAF subjects are mainly my thing but...

WW2 RAF colour schemes = mainly boring

WW2 Luftwaffe colour schemes = A kaleidoscope of interesting colours and markings

Even WW1...

WW1 RFC colour schemes = Mainly drab and boring (with a few zany exceptions)

WW1 Deutchse Luftstreitkrafte = An explosion in Bob Ross' paint box

Can't wait to see the finished emil! I've got a couple of the Cyberhobby kits in the stash, but they have a snowman's chance in hell of looking anywhere near this good!

Best regards;

Steve

Agree with you on the Luftwaffe colors....you could spend a lifetime.   And I do have a soft spot for early Luft. aircraft

Have an early FW190A-1 that will be used on the base as well...working on that as well .  a fun project.

This one....I picked up the decals for this Wurger from someone here but can't remember who...my apologies

.2_178_zpsiscbrqro.jpg

Edited by williamj