Rules of the Road

So, I could show the Dragon Rapide master being made?

So far, fuse. halves, unfinished, lower port wing and engine nacelle parts, nose "cone", seat padding, tailplane and elevator.

I can show the chiselling and filing of Ureol, the bashing of brass, the resin moulded nacelle top cowling where they were handed, etc.

Would that be OK?

Martin

So, I could show the Dragon Rapide master being made?

Yep, I reckon you could. It sounds like it might be past 25% complete, but we're generally pretty flexible with that rule (up to a point), and we all stand to learn a great deal from watching your work Martin. If there's enough time for you to build the resultant kit after the masters are complete, even better (and would obviously guarantee you'd be below the 25% threshold). So, go for it!

Kev

Kev,

I might JUST be approaching 25%, but I doubt it. Not sure how you work that out anyway. Is it 25% of the work, or 25% of the components? In either case and especially the first, I'm not there yet!

I'll get some decent pics. My son now has a Nipon EAOSDSLR 500 Super Bashamatic Auto and wants to take macros with it, so when he gets a few pages into Nikon for Dummies he can come over and practice! I've run out of film for my Box Brownie at the moment and me developing fluid looks like wee-wee!

I guess building the Dragon Rapide kit will depend on how soon I do the masters and then how soon it's produced. But it won't take long to build a kit once I have one. I'll be doing the AA or Hillman Airways scheme as they flew from Maylands Aerodrome, which was very near where I grew up.

Cheers,

Martin

I'm keen to join in the fun here - I'm just finalising some details for my next project and will post a thread soon.

Looking forward to it Tom! I'm guessing it's the same project you've just started over at Britmodeller?

Kev

Would this one still fall under 25%, or is it already to far down the road?

aoul.jpg

qk8.jpg

I know, it looks downright disgusting in its current state. It spent a few years in a box when it stalled, and I am yet not sure I can revitalise this one.

Mi-14 naval helicopter?

- dutik

Nope! Ah, a half point for 'naval' ;)

Cool, Michael- What kind of helo is it?

Kamov Ka-25 'Hormone' :)

I started that one back when whe had that naval aviation group build, but I never showed any progress of it, cause I had no digicam back then. I'll have to check if I can get rid of that warpage.That probably stalled the whole thingy

Edited by KOTR

Nope! Ah, a half point for 'naval' ;)

Kamov Ka-25 'Hormone' :)

I started that one back when whe had that naval aviation group build, but I never showed any progress of it, cause I had no digicam back then. I'll have to check if I can get rid of that warpage.That probably stalled the whole thingy

Nice Michel :coolio:

As a huge Kamov Ka 27 Helix/Ka 32 fan, I would say go for it! (I will be making a 1/32 Ka 32 at some point myself anyway because I think that they are really :speak_cool:).

Derek

If I build a Twotter out of the Beaver kit that Brian used... would that be deemed appropriate for this GB?

Is a 1/72 vacuform C-17 big enough in the spirit of this GB?

also, http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=40925&p=475547

I'm not sure what a Twotter is, let alone how it differs from a Beaver, but if the differences are significant, then I'd say go for it. The C-17 is a no-go though, unforunately (even if I'd like to see it myself). I've moved your other thread across, so you're now officially participating!

Looking forward to your progress mate,

Kev