Trumpeter MiG-29A Coming Soon!

LSP_Kevin

I am with Brian on this one, Unbearable is the word.  Plus There is no decent 1/32  Mig on the market, period. Good enough doesn't work anymore, cold war is over and Migs are readily available to do the research , there is no excuse for poor kit of 15, 17 or 29.

Edit : was talking about plastic injected models

Edited by Martinnfb

For the Mig-19, i dont really remember how was the wing to fuselage fit, but i remember it was a butt joint, and i had to reinforce it with plastic sprues crossing the fuselage.

Anyway, these Trumpeter early days are over for years now.

Now the main issue they always (actually, often....not always) fall into is messed up windscreens. :) And not the easiest to correct.

You slip each wing of the 19 into a "pocket" at the fuselage side. Works nice, and no need to use filler, as with most other kits of the world. But an extra wing spar is always welcome, indeed. But the multipiece fuselage is a bit of a challenge of the 19 kit.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

The wing on the Mig-19 has a profile of a brick, I had to cut down 1/8 inch from either half of the leading edge. That's 1/4 of an inch (6.35 mm) ! Plus there is no anhedral, the nose is wrong, spine ,canopy and the list goes on and on. Yes it is fixable, but only because there is no another 19 in our scale or you have maniacal obsession with this plane.

Here is the corrected wing

IMG_4020_zps6edftcik.jpg

Talking about the Mig-29 K, The transition beneath the canopy is off and needs work as much as the spine that is simplified and it's transition to the tail section may use some help as well. Refuelling probe arm housing is too small and there are some discrepancy related to the sensors and antennas as well. And the undersized decals are just a joke.

Fingers crossed that Trumpy will focus and pay attention to detail and shape.

Cheers

M.

The Trumpy bashing brigade is out again, and discussing some ancient offerings from a previous generation. A bit unfair !

Actually, good enough is good enough for most modellers. The kind of perfection some people seek simply isn't cost effective.

Sorry, but they are fun toys for mostly big boys and the perfectionists can take pleasure and have a sense of achievement in modifying the basic kit.

And Dean, why the scepticism ? The Greek artist has cast his magic on the box top so this isn't far from release. ETA on British shores by early Summer ?

I love Trumpeter models and really am looking forwards to these Fulcrums. And imagine the flurry of new markings options.

Tony

Edited by Tony T

I'm sceptic because, on Trumpy's facebook page, somebody pointed out the errors in their 1/72 Fulcrum kit.

Trumpy's answer was to ask for details & links!

That does not strike me as a company that has even made the moulds yet & may well be only in pre-development.

This is Trumpeter after all, not Wingnut Wings!

I love Trumpeter models and really am looking forwards to these Fulcrums.

So i do. They brought us dozens of LSP, and i think they really help to make 1/32 scale more popular.

I'm sceptic because, on Trumpy's facebook page, somebody pointed out the errors in their 1/72 Fulcrum kit.

Trumpy's answer was to ask for details & links!

That does not strike me as a company that has even made the moulds yet & may well be only in pre-development.

This is Trumpeter after all, not Wingnut Wings!

The first post is a picture of specially commissioned box art painting by Kostas Kavvathias. Firms don't do that until the lead-up to release. That has been the established Trumpeter M.O. for many years.

http://www.kostaskavvathias.com

I don't see the need for chiming in negatively. If you don't care for the product, why bother posting ?

Tony

edited to add link to box top artist

Edited by Tony T

Tony, I would really appreciate if you refrain from name calling. I presented  issues related to Migs and ways how to fix it. In addition I expressed hope of change in the future offering.  We are talking about toy aeroplanes that we build for fun, there is no need to get personal .

Cheers

Martin

In this case, Its not Trumpy bashing. I think its more akin to pointing out that they do have different "teams" as in A, B D, F.  For the most part, I do like a LOT of their kits. In fact, their SU-30 was a great build I thought. Its just that their Mig-15 fit HORRIBLY, and it was my first foray back into modeling.................no one told me what I was in for. 

Again, Im not much of a jet guy, but if Trumpeter fixed all the quibbles with the current 32nd offering (which NOT doing that would make no sense if your putting out an all new tool version of something you already produce) I would most assuredly buy and build one. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Yes Martin they're toys as I stated in post 35 ! I was having a bit of a laugh - please don't take offence at something so harmless!

And I'm going to have lots of fun. Nobody else is doing 1/32 MiGs except HpH and those are too expensive.

Tony

I am always excited to hear news about a new 1/32nd release! I don't care if it is by Trumpeter, Tamiya, HK, Kitty Hawk or whoever.

Having said that, I will use standard Trumpeter new kit procedure: wait for the plastic to actually come out, read the reviews, then make the decision.

No pre-order for me.

We haven't even seen the kit yet Jennings.

With regards accuracy, it's relative to familiarity with subject matter. All our mileages vary according to what we do or don't know and the subject's appeal.

I want a mega accurate F-4 but am content with a MiG or Sukhoi that looks the part.

Tony

The first post is a picture of specially commissioned box art painting by Kostas Kavvathias. Firms don't do that until the lead-up to release. That has been the established Trumpeter M.O. for many years.

http://www.kostaskavvathias.com

I don't see the need for chiming in negatively. If you don't care for the product, why bother posting ?

Tony

edited to add link to box top artist

Seriously? Don't post anything unless it's positive?

I've not posted anything that's untrue, nor defamatory. I've not called anybody names, or insulted anybody. I've not made any outrageous claims, or called anybody out on anything.

It's a standing joke that Trumpy have had the Devastator listed for many years now. It's also a fact that they asked for details of the deficiencies of their 1/72 kit in their own Facebook posts. I've drawn some perfectly reasonable conclusions as a result. This is, after all, a discussion forum.

It seems to me the problem is that you don't like reading an opinion that is contrary to your own, or that somehow impinges on your perceptions of events. It's a fact of life that opinions vary and as long as these opinions are stated with respect, supported by reasonable evidence, refrain from personal criticism and relate to the subject at hand, I really fail to see a problem.

Insisting that all discussion is "positive" is a slippery slope. Perhaps you just need to appreciate that my opinion deserves just as much respect as yours, even though our conclusions differ?