Dead domed city

spacewolf

That is sooooo cool! I loved reading those old Sci Fi novels back in the day, and watching some of the movies where Man makes it to the stars only to find the burned out remnants of doom civilizations. Got a question though. How are you going to fake up the poisoned atmosphere or vacumn? Seems that you would have to expand the model out from the dome to show at least some of  the desolation.

This is a really neat idea and so far the execution is just fantastic.  

Building a known thing that must be historically accurate from a kit according to a set of instructions can be creatively limiting.

But not what you are doing!  This is all creativity and that city is going to look however you want.  

This is really inspiring work.

I'll be watching for more!

:popcorn:

That looks great Vaughan. Especially since you're doing it with pretty much cast offs.

Carl

Thanks Carl, it's a great way to use up bits of what would be just stuff dumped in the waste can and bits from the parts box.

Cool idea!  Looking good.  I think I would have to paint all of the buildings before I added them.  And don't forget to add McDonald's:  The mark of any civilized city.   ok...J/K

Gaz

Thanks Gaz ! I shudder at the thought of painting and then placing each building !! :frantic:.. I'd never get this done !!  As for MC D's ?... na... neat idea though !! :D

Neato idea and brilliant execution Vaughn.

Though I do hope you detail the below ground as I'm sure the rest of us hardworking but deformed Mole-men from Sector J73 level 243B would like our living conditions preserved for future generation. :)

Dan

Thanks much Dan !  Sadly the subterranean idea will have to wait for another of my off the wall projects or I'll get bogged down. Really neat idea though... hmmmm.. :hmmm: