Bf109 H-10 (or: annoy the purists with Revell and Alley Cat)

seiran01

I've started fidgeting around with my revell G10 Erla and the brand new Alley Cat 109H conversion (meant for the G6),  The intent behind this build is to have some fun and possibly annoy the 109 purists at the same time.  I need some inspiration to get stuck in to this build, even at this stage - Help me find a fun paint scheme for this bird, it does not need to be German or even historically accurate. Basically anything but hello kitty!

Once I really get stuck into the build, I'll start a post on the In Progress board. In the meantime I wanted to share a pic of roughly how this will look now that I've dry-fit the main Alley Cat resin parts.  Looks great and I have to commend Ali over at Alley Cat, as this may be the best of their conversions I've come across yet. Perfect fit and it's VERY easy to make the needed cuts. I eyeballed them without measuring and the resin fits like Revell molded the parts themselves.  Bravo, Alley Cat!

unnamed.jpg

I'm still leaving 32nd for the most part as I mentioned in the sale post I'm keeping my unbuill wingnut kits including the Gotha, but this conversion, 2 HK Meteors and a PCM Spit 14 (for a commission build) are the only non-Wingnut LSPs I'm holding on to after that. 

Rick - Alclad is your answer to everything lately, isn't it? No dice, buddy!

Space shuttle scheme would be a different one! I'll keep that in mind

How bout a light pale blue underside....................with a gloss white upper side...................and a dark blue stripe down the side with gold pin-striping round the dark blue stripe.............and some N A S A decals on the rudder...............

A captured 109 used by NASA in its infancy for high altitude research!

THAT should send the nazi-counters into a frenzy.

Edited by Out2gtcha

• 1 month later...

Nice ! I wanted to see what this conversion looks like. It seems to be nice. Would be good and uncommon addition in a 109 collection.

But if you really want to annoy purist, you must have set this conversion on a fw190. :)

Its a late Messerschmitt, so why not add Spanish trim and markings - a la Buchon - or some Arab roundels ("Buchon export model")?

If it has to be more fancy: Korea war markings. North or South - as you like it. Or French Indochine livery, with bomb racks...

- dutik

As a "109 purist" I'd say go ahead an paint it however you like because it's your model and however you do it, it won't offend me in the least.  Although I strive to make my 109s (and other aircraft) as historically accurate as I can I would never presume to tell anyone else how they should finish their model or be the least bit perturbed by a fictional paint scheme.