• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16 airscale

airscale

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

if silver wings means not just four wings, but two then there are some definate missing inter war links I have to vote for...

Posted Image

Peter
  • sandokan likes this

airscale3_zps224d65da.jpg

airscale donates a % of sales to the Royal Air Force Association to remember 'the few' RAFA

#17 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

That leaves the P-6 and maybe a Helldiver to be done, and what else? Maybe some types that came out before WW2, and served early in the war?

Doug

SBC Helldiver

P-6

O2U Corsair

F11C Hawk

A-8 Shrike

A-12 Shrike

SOC Seagull

Consolidated PB-2

Grumman FF-1 Fifi

Grumman J2F Duck

Martin T4M

Naval Aircraft Factory N3N

Northrop BT-1 (The Dauntless' daddy)

Vought SB2U Vindicator

That's a good list I think. :P

Matt :party0023:

#18 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Peter, I would love to see any of those in kit form! A Defiant and Battle for sure!

#19 Derek B

Derek B

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Peter, I would love to see any of those in kit form! A Defiant and Battle for sure!

SBC Helldiver

P-6

O2U Corsair

F11C Hawk

A-8 Shrike

A-12 Shrike

SOC Seagull

Consolidated PB-2

Grumman FF-1 Fifi

Grumman J2F Duck

Martin T4M

Naval Aircraft Factory N3N

Northrop BT-1 (The Dauntless' daddy)

Vought SB2U Vindicator

That's a good list I think. :P

Well Matt, I to like inter-war aircraft, and along with the 1001 other things I have to do, two of them on your list have figured in my 'to do' list for quite a few years now, so, if my work day life and other volunteer duties slacken off a little, I may find time to look at the (I already have the drawings for one of them ready).

Cheers

Derek

(In case you were wondering exactly which ones they were, think along the lines of something resistant and awkward for one of them, and ungainly in appearance (to start with) for the other?).

Derek Bradshaw

" Are we not men?...Nay, we are but model makers?..."

#20 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

I see nothing wrong with Silver Wings concentrating on European aircraft. After all, if they do not do it who will? We in the USA have a number of interwar biplane kits in 1/32 scale from Monogram, Hasegawa and Williams Brothers. Yes, they are OOP now but they are still obtainable on eBay and other venues. So we here in the USA have nothing to complain about. I see nothing wrong with the modelers in England and other countries in Europe having a windfall of good biplane kits from their countries. Now, apparently, it is their turn. Sounds fair to me.
Stephen
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#21 LSP_Mike

LSP_Mike

LSP Staff

• LSP Moderator
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

I think SW would be right onthe money with: Me-108, Grumman Duck, Nakajima Pete, Spirit of St.Louis, F-11 Goshawk, and an I-15.

in progress:

1/32 Hase Me-109G2/R6
1/35 Su-85/ winter- attach to base
1/32 DH-9a USMC- Delivered to Flying Leathernecks Museum, MCAS Miramar
1/32 Mig-3:winter paint and weathering: in progress and base
Yacht America need some parts.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place...
Yes, I built models when I was a kid too.... no they're not toys....

#22 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

Well Matt, I to like inter-war aircraft, and along with the 1001 other things I have to do, two of them on your list have figured in my 'to do' list for quite a few years now, so, if my work day life and other volunteer duties slacken off a little, I may find time to look at the (I already have the drawings for one of them ready).

Cheers

Derek

(In case you were wondering exactly which ones they were, think along the lines of something resistant and awkward for one of them, and ungainly in appearance (to start with) for the other?).

I assume you mean the two British ones mentioned at the top of the post, unless I mis-understood your post. I think any of those kits would be great. I think the US could use some great new inter-war planes. Yes, we had the few from back in the 70s, but that really represents such a small slice of the bi-plane market. I'm not saying that the Euro ones aren't cool, but the US had some pretty good looking planes in some very bright markings.

#23 Derek B

Derek B

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I assume you mean the two British ones mentioned at the top of the post, unless I mis-understood your post. I think any of those kits would be great. I think the US could use some great new inter-war planes. Yes, we had the few from back in the 70s, but that really represents such a small slice of the bi-plane market. I'm not saying that the Euro ones aren't cool, but the US had some pretty good looking planes in some very bright markings.

Well Matt, one of them is British, but you'd think I was qwackers if I told you what the other one was! ;) There is a third one as well - LSP Mike has it in his list, as well as the second one on mine...It's a sporty little number? (that makes it three planes from three different nations - that should please everyone).

D.

Derek Bradshaw

#24 jeroenpeters

jeroenpeters

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Posted Image

Fokker DXXI....
  • Derek B likes this

#25 Derek B

Derek B

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Posted Image

Fokker DXXI....

Great aircraft :speak_cool:

D.

Derek Bradshaw

#26 Silver Wings

Silver Wings

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Gentlemen,

What can we say :) You have already mentioned above few of our closest releases. Fortunately there will be few extra surprises and less niche (read: more commercial) subjects among them...

#27 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

Someone mentioned it already, but we need a Boeing Stearman PT-17 in 32 scale. It's an obvious choice.

Yeah I agree that because it's a trainer it won't get done, but honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#28 mmaben

mmaben

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

I see nothing wrong with Silver Wings concentrating on European aircraft. After all, if they do not do it who will? So we here in the USA have nothing to complain about. I see nothing wrong with the modelers in England and other countries in Europe having a windfall of good biplane kits from their countries. Now, apparently, it is their turn. Sounds fair to me.
Stephen

Nationalities be damned. Airplanes are airplanes. I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of Airplanes :piliot:

I vote for the DXXI too Jeroen!!

I just like airplanes

Mike                        Smirnoffcat    RomanianG-2

#29 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

A Fokker D.XXI would be pretty sweet, my classic airframes one could use a big brother. That's great to hear that some of your future subjects have been mentioned Silver Wings, I can't wait to see what's coming next!

#30 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Well Matt, one of them is British, but you'd think I was qwackers if I told you what the other one was! ;) There is a third one as well - LSP Mike has it in his list, as well as the second one on mine...It's a sporty little number? (that makes it three planes from three different nations - that should please everyone).

D.

Hmm, could we be seeing a Defiant and Duck coming from you? Either one of those would have to go straight onto my bench and in the case, they're both long-time favorites of mine, I've been trying to hunt down the Classic Airframes versions of both

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users