OA-10A Catalina US Air Force 1/48

ShelbyGT500

Very nice and clean work! Really inspiring! :) Thanks a lot for measuring the engines! I Did some research and it seems that the Vector engine is dead on the money: The R-1830 has a diameter of 1224 mm, which scales to 25,5 mm in 1/48. So the kit engines are about 2 mm too small and the Quickboost engines a whopping 3 mm, which corresponds to over 14 cm in real life! You are right however, the Vector engine can't be installed with the cowling in place as that itself is only 25 mm in diameter... Well, in the end it's only a model and as long as it looks ok, I don't care too much... Whoever runs around my living room with a tape measure better be doing it to hang some curtains, otherwise he will be politely asked to leave :D And now I'll stop hijacking your beautiful build thread and limit my comments to well deserved admiration of your work! :)

Thanks mustang1989 :) details makes models interesting you know :) Cheers

Well Jonas I'm totally agree with you - it is only a model :) our work is to close it maximum to the real thing and to make you happy when you see the final result.

If we can build models 1 to 1 as real thing, we all shall work at Boeing, Canadair, Airbus etc. like plane-engineers :)

And you didn't hijacking :) I'm glad to read your comments and if you have some advise or criticism please share :)

Cheers my friend

Thanks man :) glad you like it.

So restore the panel lines and rivets, after putting and sanding - the most boring part of our hobby :)

Add more etched panels and antennas, also placed down the anti-frozen coverage at the attack edge of the main wing:

g985nUb.jpg

kRRaFDe.jpg

FjMbRmH.jpg

RhTIjXL.jpg

ukgNsXv.jpg

Cheers guys :)