Korean war Skyraider FINISHED

blackbetty

• 2 months later...

some more work done

i have decaled and glosscoated the fuselage to be able to airbrush the exhauststains. these are pretty prominent on the skyraider and i have not mounted the main wing section to not have it in the way. fit is pretty good and i think i can install it later without any putty. the exhaust pipes will also be installed after the stains are airbrushed.

16_Groumlszlige%20aumlndern_zpsufb95rcf.

speaking of the main wingsection: i have simulated the canvas cover of the wingstub with some foil. i will build this thing wings up, so it is in good view and most of the AD-4s have it on pics. no detail of the guns will be visible when its installed

17_Groumlszlige%20aumlndern_zps391ov6sz.

Edited by blackbetty

alan (thanx!) has provided me with the brass barrels of the 20mm guns, here they are, ready for painting. the plane depicted maybe had only the inner guns, but i opted to use all four because they are so nice.

18_Groumlszlige%20aumlndern_zpsmbl18f3a.

not using the outer wing guns would demand a rescribing of the outer wing (i think) because the accesspanels wouldnt be there:

15_Groumlszlige%20aumlndern_zpsjfaz4aq8.

the kit landinggear is pretty nice, i just added some brake lines. i cant find good photos of korean war raiders landinggear in colour. later planes had light grey legs, but all the b/w photos show a very dark colour, so its either black or gloss sea blue. any insight?

21_Groumlszlige%20aumlndern_zpsuxknbcwj.