Trumpeter - replacement parts?

Koala

Anyone had any luck getting replacement parts from Trumpeter.

Sad and familiar story... front of the canopy dropped. Carefully step backwards from seat. Watching each footfall. Lower eye to floor level. Scan.... feel... stand... take one step... crunch... :huh:

Anything else and I could rebuild it... but I doubt that a smashed clear part can be resurrected.

Any ideas on Trumpeter contacts for Australia? Do I write to China? Anyone had any experience with this before?

Thanks in advance.

I'm going off to cry myself to sleep now.

Good Luck. I once tried to get a replacemet decal sheet for the trump 1:24 G2 . All emails to china and direct to aeromaster and even eagle strike went unanswered. I eventually tracked down the local distributors in South Africa, who confessed that they had no replacement parts system in place, but promised to see what they could do with their next shipment. This was more than 18 month's ago and no word.

On the other hand I once broke an airfix canopy, went to their website and wrote them an email with the part numbers. Had the replacement in 2 weeks with a belated invoice for 6 pounds and no questions asked. I have repetitively written them begging for a facility whereby I could pay this online, but NOW they ignore me!!!???!

Because of South Africa's exchange laws sending 6 Pounds cash or transfer will eventually cost me well more than the original 1:24 190 kit did.

Funny funny world.

Hmmm. Thanks Piet, although I wouldn't call your news encouraging.

Since last night I have done my best to resurrect the piece. Fortunately, it only broke into two parts and most of the break ran along the frame line. Unfortunately, part of the break, and associated shatter lines, went throught the top corner of the port side quarter panel. Looks like this kit is going to be a shelf sitter and not the competition winner (not that I actually compete or anything) that I had been dreaming of.

Very sad.

Hi Koala,

I work part time at Snowy Mountains Models and we had a guy come in on Saturday to see if we could get him a replacement for his Trumpeter Mustang - similar experience to yours. Steve is going to give the guys at J B Wholesalers, the Australian distributor of Trumpeter, a call during the week to see if they can get it in from China for us. I'll let you know what the outcome is. We have had them supply us with replacements for those damaged in the box but this is the first time we have tried to buy one.

Another possibility is to email the sprue number to HLJ and see if they can sell it to you like they do sprues from Hasegawa kits. They are very good with their shipping, though it will probably cost a bit more than if it can be got locally.

Cheers

Tim.

Thanks Tim. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

I've emailed Trumpeter but going on Piet's post, I wont be holding my breath.

PS. Tim. Whatever happened to that great Dr1 build you had going. I have that kit on my shelf now on the strenght of your build article. Hope to see some updates or at least some shots of the finished kit - it was a beauty!

Hi Koala,

The Triplane progresses, but only slowly. Since the last build shots I posted I've only really managed to complete the MG assembly and fit that to the upper fuselage. I have the lower and mid wing and the wing ties (struts) in place. I need to simulate the stiching on the lower fuselage and for this I think I'll print a row of /////// and draw a line down the middle. This I'll print on clear decal sheet. As I model on the kitchen table and work has beed absolutely hectic I've not managed more than that. With the school holidays and family visits most of my modelling stuff has been packed away.

I will post some pictures again soon. I am glad you picked up the kit as it is a delight. I can't wait for the DVI due later this year.

I'll be in touch.

Tim

• 11 years later...