Need advice on using Aviattic Lozenge Decals

1to1scale

I am ready to start decaling the Lozenge for both upper and lower wings on my Fokker D.VII. I have never tackled any decals so large, covering so much surface area. I have one set, so I don't want to screw it up. I am a bit nervous because I did use some woodgrain Aviattic decals and they gave me some issues. They also seem to be a bit stretchy. HELP!

Any advice anyone can give me is appreciated. 

One thing I noticed is that the lozenge is printed on clear decal film, which means that any overlap you get where one decal goes over another doesn't look very good.  It sort of doubles up on the level of transparency and makes everything in the overlap zone too dark and unsightly.

So try to avoid overlapping decal in that manner.

I used micro sol and micro set on them with no trouble whatsoever; the decal film they use is rather robust stuff...really had no trouble with them at all.

Start at the rear of the centre of the wing and work outwards. Keep them wet underneath with water or sol to move them around. Use dry kitchen towel to buff them down once in place. If you're trepidation, don't apply more than a couple at once and leave them overnight. I can do a wing quickly now, but not when I started!