Kitty Hawk's OV-10 A/C Main Wing Update 9/8/2017

Joel_W

Great start Joel. I like how you solved the "jet or prop build" question. Just build a turboprop of course!

Hey Tony,

Thanks for stopping by my friend. Just knew that you'd love my compromise between jets and props.

The ChopperMan

Great start Joel! I like your seats and me too I'd like to build a venezuelan Bronco! I like your way of building o simple yet so effective! by simple I mean straight forward!

I'll keep an eye on this build as I have done with the others you've done! back there quietly learning.....

Kiki_gt, 

Welcome to the party. your input and comments are always most welcome. Simple and straight forward is the only way I know how to do most things.

Joel

Wow! Joel, that's one tough cookie you chose to build.

But great start on those seats!

More updates please!

Spros,

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Seats went from basic boring to a few notches up the scale. part fit so far is excellent, but I'm modifying or replacing so much in the cockpit that it's a real challenge. But I do have one major gripe, EJECTOR PIN MARKS. I can't believe just how many of these suckers there are, and they're everywhere. The rear bulkhead for the rear seat that the IP will seat on has 5 of them, 4 that are seen. removing each of them takes time and effort.  But I'm determined to make this a competitive entry for the Noreastcon & Mosquitocon next year. At least as good as my skill level will allow me.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

With the exception of the gear and a few little minor niggles along the way its actually a really fun kit to build the fits excellently

Brian,

I'm taking your word for it. And I'm also taking your advice on the gear. And congrats once again on your decision to become a Mod here. 

Joel

Thanks Joel!  TBH, it wasn't my decision to make. :) They asked, I said yes! :lol:

Brian,

They asked because it's a no brainer for sure. And you had the option of saying no if it wasn't a path that interested you as it will take away from your modeling time. Personally, I'm thrilled you decided on the affirmative.  :thumbsup: 

Joel

Agreed! Anything I can do to take some load off the rest of the gents who run this wonderful place is cool with me. 

Onward with the Bronc!    :lol:   Im really enjoying this. I think depending on how long it takes you to finish, and/or if you are willing to leave the gear press fit (Which if Im thinking back, you can press fit them; possibly) them, we might have a solution for you. 

If you build the gear OOB and used the kit wheels too, you might be able to do an experiment to see if it will hold press fit. OR maybe some sort of minor support/display stand......unitil the solution happens. Which I FULLY now 100% believe will happen.................its just a matter of when, and who (possibly multiple sources coming out as things tend to "feast or famine"

Agreed! Anything I can do to take some load off the rest of the gents who run this wonderful place is cool with me. 

Onward with the Bronc!     :lol:   Im really enjoying this. I think depending on how long it takes you to finish, and/or if you are willing to leave the gear press fit (Which if Im thinking back, you can press fit them; possibly) them, we might have a solution for you. 

If you build the gear OOB and used the kit wheels too, you might be able to do an experiment to see if it will hold press fit. OR maybe some sort of minor support/display stand......unitil the solution happens. Which I FULLY now 100% believe will happen.................its just a matter of when, and who (possibly multiple sources coming out as things tend to "feast or famine"

Brian,

This is only my 3rd 1/32 build, everything else has been 1/48 scale, and most not exactly the equal of what I'm doing these days. I'm est. that it's a good 5-6 months. I've got no issue with just press fitting the gear temp but the two conventions/contests that I'm hoping to make an annual happening depending on location of the IPMS regional are the end of March and the beginning of April. So I'll need the gear by Feb the latest. You can count me in for a set if you need pre-orders.

BTW, glad that you're enjoying my build  as it's always great to have you along for the ride.

Joel

I was curious what you were doing next, Joel! You don't disappoint. The seats look fabulous -- even blown up in your picts, they look damn good!

Shaka Hi,

Glad that you like my choice for my next build. I'm trying not to just duplicate other popular subjects right now. I too was really surprised that the finished seats look pretty good at that magnification. wonders just never cease to amaze me.  :bow: 

Joel

I've been examing the front wheel well as I need to dry fit it to properly locate the cockpit and rear bulkhead after doing the needed modifications for the Eduard interior PE set.  What I'm finding is that literally every flat surface has at least one major injector pin mark, most have several. The front wheel wheel has 5, that's right, 5 injector pin marks, all are on visible surfaces. the fuselage halves each have 2 or 3 respectfully that need to be addressed. Gear doors, bulkheads, etc as the list just continues. I've never seen anything like this before. It's endless, and there just can't be a justification for all of these ejector pin marks. 

I don't mind dealing with some, but I just don't want to waste all the time needed during base construction trying to remove them.  

Kitty Hawk has once again produced a disappointing kit that had so such promise. Odds are it's going to be my 1st SOD model, that will never, ever see the finish line. More then likely, I'll suck up the financial loss that includes Eduard AM PE and masks, and a $25 AOA decal set. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W