Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter FGA Mk9

TaffyMan

Taff...

EXQUISITE work. .

COOL !! :bow:

Good luck with your move. .. are you moving away from the area. Have fun :thumbsup:

Maru – cheers mate …… so good you said it twice LOL! I saw the thread about the nasty Comp-munchy-gremlin thing you had. Hope you got it all zapped. Yes moving 316 miles up t-north to be precise – uhmmmmm should be fun – we are waiting on confirmed dates but it keeps getting knocked back so finger crossed soon!

LOVE it!   Really makes for a unique and unusual model.  Great work Taff!

Cheers Brian – Its growing on me just taken the RFI pictures and I like it – it just looks very strange to these Brit eyes and then no markings on top of that! … But it does lead to some interesting conversations with people that have seen her.

Oh and very nice work on the flying boat mate that swirly green camo is superb!!! :thumbsup:

Taff

Great build and always admirer unique and new paint schemes.

so very well done

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Ta very much Peter – As I said to Brain above I like her and people do do a double take with her!

Great work Taff, that looks really convincing - love the sun faded look. Now yo can get back to the rugby full time, Australia v England tomorrow!

Cheers

Jim

Cheers Jim – Yep the Rugby didn't go so well for us on Saturday …… Out witted, out played …… and more worrying out done in the scrums!!!!

But a big congrats to all the Antipodeans :beer:  – looking at the way you played I think you've got good chance of going all the way!

Really nice work mate!

Cheers Alan thanks for checking in. :D

That looks really fantastic, Taff! Well done mate.

Kev

Ta Kev – Yep it was a fight but I got there!

Fantastic results !

One to be proud of for sure mate  ;)

Yep Loic she's a grower and I'm getting used to her – see what comments I get back when I put her on the table at the first show!

Hey Taff....looks like more modelling time for you! Sorry to hear about the Brits with the Rugby

Anyway, love this build mate, brilliant paint effect indeed and an interesting subject, well done!

Cheers

Anthony

Well Anthony the others are doing all right at the moment just England got well and truly dumped off of their perch! Not even out of the pool stage? Suppose it was the group of death! We didn't play well and didn't deserve to go through simple as that… well we will see what will happen!

On a better note thanks mate – yep she turned out okay! :D

lovely work.....great finish.....don't often see them in brown......n green.....

rgds

mr b

Thanks for looking in Mr B – I had others in mind, Desert, Swiss Silver or one of the many other Air Forces around the world that used them. It was just something appealed about the Brown and Green – almost like early WWII fighter scheme, it would sit quite nicely next to and BoB Huricane

Okay Thanks folks for all your help and comments it really does help drive these projects along!

RFI can be seen HERE – But as a teaser here is one of them.

098-Hunter-Mk9_zps1nequhef.jpg

Till next time Happy Modeling  -  Taff :D

Great to see the finished article and such a unusual scheme, certainly makes this worth a "second glance" on any table of Hunters. Good luck with your move North, I am sure you will receive a warm (?) and pleasant welcome.

I look forward to seeing more of your builds and maybe more unusual/less common schemes.

Bob.

Taff, I think this is the BEST build of this model I have ever seen my friend !.......Harv :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Cheers Harvey for the praise - praise in-deed cause I have seen some mighty fine builds of Hunters especially on this site!!

Great to see the finished article and such a unusual scheme, certainly makes this worth a "second glance" on any table of Hunters. Good luck with your move North, I am sure you will receive a warm (?) and pleasant welcome.

I look forward to seeing more of your builds and maybe more unusual/less common schemes.

Bob.

Cheers Victor - Yes almost a BoB tribute scheme! And seeing as the wife is from up north I'm sure of a very good welcome for a soft shandy drinking west country boy. :D

Happy Days - Taff :D

Wow  Taffyman that's a beautiful Hunter, I would see these Rhodesian Hunter on the rare occasion in Durban, South Africa when they used to fly down for navigation exercises (and occasional Canberra and Dakota too)

Here's a couple of photos of the Rhodesian Hunter installation that was done in South Africa.

Hunterwithsidewinder3_zpslgq6jtca.jpg​

Hunterwithsidewinder1_zpsrwsosn3g.jpg​

​

Edited by gregair

That's a lovely model Mr TaffyMan. The Hunter is my dad's favourite plane, so even though I'm essentially a prop-man, I feel sure I'll have a go at one of these at some point - God willing!

With a forum name like yours, I'm quite surprised you weren't rejoicing in England's ignominious exit from their own World Cup rather than being disappointed by it!