F4U-1A Corsair RNZAF- Finished and off the bench

BloorwestSiR

So no pic updates at the moment as my primary phone broke. They don't like being sat on too much :(

My backup phone is a bit too tiny for taking decent pics as you can see comparing the two:

DSC_0004-L.jpg

So I've got a new one on the way to me.

In the meantime, I've been trying to figure out the colour form the main gear bags and landing gear.

NZ370 was originally in the tricolour scheme but had been repainted in GSB prior to the crash. So I've been wondering, would they have repainted the MLG and bays in GSB too? I haven't found any pics of the gear to tell me. So I've been leaning towards no and will be doing them in the original white.

If someone has any photos otherwise, I'd love to see them.

Carl

Lots of family commitments over the last while but I finally got some bench time in. I finished assembling the centre wing section. I painted the lower wing prior to adding the gear bays. This will simplify the masking for me later.

DSC_0019-L.jpg

With the upper wing panels in place:

DSC_0020-L.jpg

And finally, attached to the fuselage:

DSC_0022-L.jpg

DSC_0021-L.jpg

She's starting to look like a Corsair now.

Carl

Carl , looking great man! Are you going to do any additional wiring in the wheel wells on yours? Keep it up!

Paul

Thanks Paul!

For the wheel wells, I think I'll skip those this time. On my first one I didn't wire the engine so this is one step further so on the next one I'll try doing the wheel bays too. Got 5 more to perfect my technique on :)

This is looking great, I'm in the middle of wiring a radial engine at the moment and must admit that like yours it certainly is a big improvement, I am a fan of the Yahu IP's I just wish that they would increase the range a bit more.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. I was surprised myself how much of a difference it made.

Yahu keep adding more panels to their product line so I usually check Hannants on a regular basis to see what's coming. I do prefer them to the Eduard ones.