Tigger Models 1/32 Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero

AlexM

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:51 PM, Padraic Conway said:

Just found this Alex: excellent work! How did you manage the texture on the steps for the crew ladder? Very impressive.

Padraic

Hi Padraic, thanks. For the diamond plates there are corresponding styrene plates available:

https://www.architekturbedarf.de/katalog/search?mode=check&do=riffelblech

Cheers

Alex

As well as the Tigger Models vac - I believe HpH are working on one in resin Bill - but it won't be cheap...

It's a great subject IMHO - and with some of the injection moulded subjects we've seen appear in last few years you just never know!

Iain

3 minutes ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

I believe HpH are working on one in resin Bill - but it won't be cheap...

It's a great subject IMHO - and with some of the injection moulded subjects we've seen appear in last few years you just never know!

Thanks, Iain. I am prepared to pay the price if necessary. I built one in 1/72nd scale many years ago when I didn't need glasses. I also would rather pay for a "one stop shopping" solution than have to scratchbuild the engines or source them elsewhere. Not much interested in kitbashing.

I'm surprised Italeri haven't released it in our scale, since it's one of the iconic Regia Aeronautica airframes and has the torpedo bomber variant.

I don't dare to say, but the engine cowlings were made of deodorant covers :rofl:

The forward parts of the cowlings, as well as the wheels, were my very first steps in 3d-printing.

For the engines, there are very nice resin Bristol Pegasus/Alfa Romeo 126 RC.34 engines from Vector.