New EagleCals for the F4U-1a Corsair - in time for the Tamiya 1:32 kit

Judyc

Great news Judy!  Cant wait to see them

Cheers

Anthony

Received an email today with one of the FAA options revealed. It was a general mailing from Judy to all their regular customers.

Fairly sure the aircraft is from an album I shared with Mark though, :)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question on Ira Kepford's 29.  Is the airframe on the sheet the one he used to evade Japanese fighters by using water injection?  I'm wanting to build his F4U with the 8W engine but am unsure of which aircraft it actually was. 

Hi guys;

Thanks for your interest in our newest EagleCals the FAA Corsairs. They are being printing right now at Cartograf along with our Do 335 EagleCals. They should be here middle of March or so. When we have a more certain date, I'll post the EagleCals more properly on our site. But for now, you can see the profiles here: http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals/32/f4u-1a-corsairs-click-to-view-all-available-markings-1/eaglecals-163-faa-corsairs-detail.html

And the Do 335 EagleCals Here: http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals/32/eaglecals-164-do-335-detail.html

Click on the image to enlarge.

Happy modeling,

Judy and Team Eagle

With reference to post 54 above, the F4U depicted on the EagleCals decal sheet was flown by Kepford and is dated Jan 31st, 1944. He crashed the Corsair at Piva Yoke after receiving combat damage.

HTH

Mark Proulx

Yes, it does help and with the account of the battle that took place when he used water injection to evade pursuing zero's, this airframe is not the one since the combat in question took place, according to a source I read, on February 19th, 1944.  However, I think with a little detective work, I can uncover the bureau number of said aircraft and can most likely duplicate it using the vast majority of the Eagle Cals "kepford" sheet (which I already have).  As an added bonus, the EagleCals sheet gives generic bureau numbers with which one can make another aircraft.  Nice touch peeps!